Sunday, March 9, 2014

Valentine's Day

The night before Valentine's Day I had an EXTREMELY bad migraine which kept Taylor and I both up most of the night. So... Friday (Valentine's Day) didn't quite start off the way we were hoping. I had class at 8 and we both woke up extremely late and I figured Taylor wasn't going to do anything because we both had an VERY busy week and I didn't think he'd have time, I didn't do anything for him - and he mentioned the night before that we could see a movie or something...let's just say I felt like crap and my hopes were low.

Taylor dropped me off at school at 8, he then goes to class and work at 9:30, I come home at 11, then I pick him up at 5. While in class I kept thinking that all I wanted to do was sleep - but I also really wanted to do something for Taylor. I stopped at my parent's house and made some hearts to decorate our apartment with - she also gave us a few treats and then I stopped by the BYU Creamery to get a mint brownie and ice cream (his favorite). When I got to the Creamery there was ONE brownie left - I about died I was so happy and relieved. I had determined I would clean the apartment as the rest of Taylor's present (when you are married that is surprisingly the best present) AND I was going to take down Christmas! Finally.

When I walked through the door I was in such a terrible mood - I was just tired and my head was still killing me but I really wanted to make the day good for Taylor and clean things up. On the table I found these HUG GORGEOUS flowers, a beautiful box of chocolates, and the sweetest note. I started crying like a baby - I had no idea how he was able to keep it all a secret and sneak these flowers into our car/apartment without me knowing. He is amazing. It literally was the biggest and best surprise in the world. He's too good.

The rest of the night was full of more surprises. He told me to dress up and that we'd need to leave at 7:00. We drove to BYU campus - which made me extremely confused at first - he took me to the CDT dance concert (which is so thoughtful since I love dancing). After the concert we took off to... another parking lot on BYU campus - again extremely confused - where he handed me a wrapped present. I honestly didn't expect ANYTHING else - the flowers, chocolate, concert, and I knew dinner was coming - it was all too much. He gave me an adorable T&B engraved bracelet {pictured below}. I love it so much. We finally then headed to dinner - at Chef's Table (the dressing up nice finally made sense). We have been there once before - for my 18th birthday. It was so amazingly delicious. 

I love my sweet Taylor more and more everyday, he is literally my better half.
I am so incredibly grateful to have him.

 ^^the set up for Taylor when he came home from school (Sans-Christmas)^^






 ^^the little treats I got for Taylor^^

 ^^flowers and chocolates from sweet Taylor^^

 ^^yes, the flowers are half as tall as me which means 2 1/2 feet^^

 ^^my other surprise - he found and ordered if from my Pinterest board - such a stud!^^

 ^^butternut squash soup, prime rib and lobster - so so so yummy!!^^



No comments:

Post a Comment