Sunday, March 9, 2014

Christmas 2013 {better late than never}

Let's now back track to Christmas. I honestly am having a hard time remembering all the details about the holidays...which is sad. I will try to remember what I can. We went back and forth between our families and had a lot of fun!! That is what I remember.


Christmas Eve:
We spent lunch and the afternoon with my family - eating our traditional crab legs and clam chowder. We opened presents from the kids (which was a little lame since it was just me and Bain this year) and then Taylor and I left to spend the evening with his family.


 ^^clam chowder // date pudding // cheesy french bread // beet salad // crab pasta salad // crab legs^^





Christmas Day:
We knew we wanted to spend the morning together at our own apartment and open our gifts to each other (J.Crew's sales were too amazing to pass up so we ended up having quite a bit for each other... what can we say - we both like shopping and J.Crew a little too much! haha). We told each other we weren't getting any surprise gifts for each other (we knew all the clothes we'd be getting) but Taylor broke the rules and surprised me with a couple gifts.....and I guess I surprised him with one gift too.

 ^^our cute little Christmas^^

 ^^so grateful to our moms who let us borrow so many Christmas decorations^^




 ^^my surprise gift to Taylor - combining all of the mission letters between the two of us. I didn't even get a quarter of the way through before Christmas came - so it is a work in progress..can't wait to have this book of memories^^

^^after we had opened all of our gifts we were getting ready to start cleaning up when Taylor had me look under the couch... that is where I found surprise gift #1 - it was the Home Alone DVD.. I was a bit confused, but was happy because who doesn't need to start their Christmas movie collection their first year of marriage?? He then pointed me in the direction of another hidden present. This time I opened up this beanie. I was SO extremely excited!! We watched Home Alone together a few weeks before Christmas about how much I LOVED his reindeer beanie - and Taylor found an exact replica (after much searching). He is such a sweetheart. We then started cleaning up for real and getting ready to head to Taylor's parent's house when Taylor told me to come into the room he was in.. He then pointed to my final surprise gift... earrings to complete my green amethyst jewelry set!!! {pictured below} In 2011 he gave me my necklace that I never take off, in 2012 he gave me a matching ring {also pictured below} and this year he gave me these delicate earrings that I love. He treats me far too well!^^


We then spent the day with Taylor's family eating lunch and opening presents - my in-laws are too sweet and definitely spoil us. Our big present was new phones!! We were extremely excited!!! I also got some Mally makeup (my favorite) and Taylor got a nice leather bag (among other goodies).

 


For the evening we went to my parents house for round three. We first got to talk with Sy over Skype which is always a good time, then we opened presents. I sadly didn't take photos of everything we received but it was a wonderful Christmas. On of my favorite presents was definitely my egg poacher my mom gave me - I've been wanting a new one forever. We ate our traditional prime rib for dinner and everything was simply wonderful!






The day after Christmas we went up to SLC for our annual family reunion - we stopped at Temple Square before the party with my family.



No comments:

Post a Comment