Monday, September 16, 2013

catching up: last week in NYC.

AH!! I am so behind on life. Things have been insane trying to get settled into our new apartment, starting my marketing program, teaching 6 jazz classes a week, and starting back up at Avenia. Not to mention all the million other things I have on my list. So, I am currently waiting for Taylor to get out of a meeting (we only have one car now) and all my books are at home so I thought I'd post about our last week in NYC.

 after grocery shopping on Monday I bought our last Levain Bakery cookie - sad day.

I worked Tue-Thurs.
Taylor worked Mon-Fri.


^^My building on Park Avenue.

 ^^Taylor on his last day of work. They gave him cupcakes!


 ^^cruising the UWS on our way to Shake Shack.


 ^^genius concrete: vanilla custard, bananas, marshmallow sauce, and caramel. Yes, please.



^^we spent a long time hanging out under the trees along Central Park. It was a perfect evening.



On Saturday we headed to Chelsea Market and the Highline one last time for lunch.


 ^^Hands down the best Mint Oreo milkshake in the world - Ronnybrook Dairy.

 ^^DELICIOUS fresh blueberry ice cream cone. 


  
We came home and started to pack and after a while we decided to head back into the city for dinner. We went to a Mexican place in the village. 

The village on a Saturday night is not my favorite place - but all the drunks are entertaining. And loud. It was too dark in the restaurant for a photo but the guac was yummy and my tilapia tacos were amazing! I was craving Mexican since there isn't much of that here in Utah. The restaurant was called Diablo Royal.


^^We were craving cannoli's and sure enough there was a place close by with amazing yelp reviews. When we arrived I recognized the place. My mom and I had actually been to this place before in 2008 when we went on a food tour of the village before I was familiar with the city. It was AMAZING. I think it was my favorite cannoli yet. Taylor tried a chocolate dipped one which was also good. The place is called Pasticceria Rocco. I highly recommend. Even if you don't like cannoli's they have about a million other options that all looked divine.

On our last day we went to the Frick Collection - my favorite museum. I knew Taylor would love it because of all the architecture and house design. And I was right. Our first and only museum this trip. We also took a trip to Roosevelt Island (between Manhattan and Queens) and ate lunch at a yummy restaurant on the Upper East Side.










We packed all night and headed to the airport the next day for our very long journey home!




No comments:

Post a Comment