Monday, November 4, 2013

Wedding Day {part one}: Manti Temple

Six months ago I married my best friend. It was literally the most amazing and special day of our entire lives. We had been preparing and waiting for this day to happen forever and we were so excited! With not much sleep (packing and last minute details) my 5:45 am alarm came bright and early. Janelle, my amazing hair and makeup artist was coming at 6:00 to get me all pretty, but unfortunately she was pulled over by a cop on the way down which pushed us back about a half hour. This is something that would normally have upset me but I felt like nothing could go wrong because I was getting married!

(I also beautified myself by getting my nails done by Alexa at Suggestions Salon, eyelash extensions by Elise at Suggestions Salon (who was amazing), waxing by Jessica at Wax Me Too, a few sunkissed highlights by Brianna at Remedez Hair & Spa, bi-monthly massages by Amber, and Pilates lessons by Shar
Literally every single person I worked with was incredible!! I highly recommend ALL of them. On that note, I recommend ALL my vendors. Everyone was so perfect and wonderful!!!

My sweet family was up early as well helping get things ready for decorating the Manor for the reception. I am so grateful for their help! My sister also got her hair and makeup done for the wedding and Versa Artistry did such an amazing job!! I couldn't have been happier.

Due to the late start Taylor and I were off to Manti about 45 minutes behind schedule....but we made it! We made good time and got there about 20 minutes late - just in time to meet Katie, one of my sweet bridesmaids, in the parking lot to help me take my dress in. We were suppose to be to the temple 30 minutes before our guests but.. we were happy for the familiar faces as we were rushing in.

The Manti temple was amazing. We chose this temple for many reasons. We loved that it was secluded and more intimate (and not Salt Lake, Timpanogos, or Provo) around busy marriage season. Also, the past three generations of Taylor's family as well as my grandparent's were married in the Manti Temple. It was a bit of a journey away (1.5 hours) and we are so grateful for those who made the trip.  Even for being late we were still able to stay on schedule and we were sealed at 10:30. For the sealing I wore my mom's prom dress from high school. It is long sleeved and white and I have loved it since I can remember. The ceremony was wonderful, filled with some amazing moments that we will never forget. It was the best feeling to be sealed to Taylor for eternity. I've never felt so loved, and so peaceful. Everything was perfect.

After the ceremony my mom helped me change and we came out to greet everyone to take photos. My amazingly perfect photographer, Rebekah Westover, was an absolute miracle worker and captured the day perfectly. I knew from day one that I needed her to be my photographer and I booked her, the Manor, and the Manti Temple the day after I received my promise ring in August 2012.

Without further ado, here are the photos (thanks Rebekah!!) of the temple.
{I have broken up the wedding into two parts, the temple and the reception because I have SO many photos that I LOVE too much not share on my blog. I will also probably do a final post with a smaller selection of my absolute favorites of the day to summarize.}

I hope you like pictures..




 ^^everyone who came to support us^^



 ^^Woolstenhulme Side - Aunt's and Uncle's^^



  


 ^^Groomsmen: Austin (cousin), Iggy, Hyunjin, Blake (brother), Seth (brother), Colton^^

 ^^Bridesmaids: Talyn, Katie, Bain (sister), Jenn (sister-in-law), Emily {not pictured, Brooke (sister)}^^

 ^^our sweet mothers^^





 ^^Granny and Grandpa Elizondo and Granny White^^









^^The Woolstenhulme's - Bride's Side^^

     ^^My Sister and Brother {Missing Sy...}^^

  






  ^^Absolutely ADORE this photo of my siblings^^



 ^^Wilkins Family^^


 ^^The Wilkins' - Groom's Side^^



















And some silly photos from the day!

 ^^Would not be an event without a funny picture with my siblings - LOVE^^


 ^^pretty sure my veil must have whipped him in the face.. oops^^

 ^^Some sweet ladies at the temple wanted to take some photos of my dress...Flattering and awkward all at the same time AND Rebekah captured it on her camera^^


After the wedding we had a luncheon at the Manti House Inn for those who came to the ceremony. It was all amazing and perfect and wonderful!!!

Stay tuned for part 2 - the Reception.

For more wedding posts check out:

Vendors:
Photography: REBEKAH WESTOVER // Event Design and Planning: Bree Wilkins {the Bride} // Custom Gown and Veil: ABREE ORIGINAL // Hair and Makeup: JANELLE AT VERSA ARTISTRY // Bridesmaids & Maid of Honor Attire: ABREE ORIGINAL and J. CREW // Groom’s custom suit and shirt: DRESS CODE // Floral Design: Bella Fleur // Ceremony Location: Manti Utah LDS Temple


2 comments:

  1. Your dress was absolutely stunning!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your story as I too am getting married to my best friend soon. We are so excited in making all the preparations, and my soon-to-be wife is nice enough to let me pick my favorites in most choices. But she is adamant that she will book one of the Los Angeles event venues of her choice. Cheers to both of us!

    ReplyDelete