Monday, June 10, 2013

Honeymoon week 2 - Disneyworld

We made our way to Orlando on Sunday. It is about an hour and a half drive from Treasure Island to Orlando which means we arrived about 4 hours before our room was "ready." Check out at 10, check in at 4. So we ate at Olive Garden and drove around Disney for a while. When we got to the room we settled in and waited for  the call from Sy - it was Mother's Day! When he called my family we joined in through speaker phone. After we went to Downtown Disney to eat at Bongo's, a Cuban restaurant. The food was very similar to what Taylor used to eat on his mission so he enjoyed it!



view from our balcony


This man was dancing around to a live band in this AMAZING red outfit, short shorts and all. He only knew one move and it was hilarious, this point wiggle hip thrust thing then he would turn a quarter and repeat.. and it went on for many many songs. Very entertaining!!

Taylor is a seasoned pro at Disneyworld - His family always vacations there, me on the other hand...I've been to Disneyland! And apparently I went to Disneyworld as a youngster but I remember nothing about it. So this was all a fun new experience for me! I just remember every year growing up Taylor's family would go to Florida and he'd call me from Disneyworld.. now we're here together!

Monday: EPCOT

On Monday we went to our first theme park in Disneyworld - Epcot. It was my favorite because I loved all the food and the culture there. The World Showcase featured different countries and it was so fun to "travel the world" in a day.


 It was "Festival Blooms" apparently - there were amazing flowers ALL OVER! It was so beautiful.



 Complete floral Disney characters!! 




And on to France for some French food for lunch!

 Best food EVER! Taylor got a chicken mushroom crepe and chocolate mousse, I got quiche and creme brulee - everything was amazing! Reminded me of Le Grainne Cafe.




Chinese acrobat - this guy was CRAZY!! rolling back and forth on these cylinders.

Disney is LEGIT

We went on all the rides, Spaceship Earth even took pictures of us on the ride and then used them later on to show what life would be like in the future for us. Haha, it was so fun to see our silly pictures - we had no idea they'd be used later on.


We stopped in the UK to get Fish n' Chips (which were melt in  your mouth heavenly) but we were STARVING and rushing to get to the French pastry shop before the fireworks started so I didn't snap a picture. 

 Napoleon and Lemon Tart 

 Fireworks show! Everything was lit up and the fireworks latest FOREVER. It was so beautiful!

Way to go Disney. As a "first timer," I was impressed!


Tuesday: HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS


 We had lunch at this fun 50's Diner  - chocolate milkshakes and fried chicken

 optical illusion of NYC

 The stunt show - showing how to film an action car movie 

 The fun rides - Rockin' Roller Coaster was my favorite since there was a couple loops


The big night show - Fantasmic


Wednesday

We were exhuasted from 2 full days at theme parks so we went to Downtown Disney. We ate at the House of Blues (such good food), stopped by the Ghiredelli store, and saw The Great Gatsby. Later that night we stopped at a place by our hotel for insanely deep dish pizza filled with cheese and all sorts of toppings - it was delicious (and kind of disgusting at the same time - ha)!




Banana Salted Caramel Milk Shake and Mint Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream. SOoo gooOOoood!

Loved the movie - LOVED loved loved the outfits!!!!!!! I was dying over all the glam/sparkle gowns.

Thursday: MAGIC KINGDOM




 Splash Mountain - front row = SOAKED! Taylor looking awesome on Space Mountain (we rode it a couple times so he posed for the camera). And us on Buzz Lighter video game ride - Taylor is enjoying himself...you can tell I don't play/enjoy video games.. haha. 

 Funnel Cake Heaven (we definitely had more than one of these...)







Friday

We took a break from the parks and did some things in the hotel room like buy our plane tickets to NYC and important things like that we'd been putting off, then went to Downtown Disney to watch Star Trek!!! LOVED IT!! I was in need of something nutritious/healthy (Disney food for a week straight does not always sit well...) so we went to Uno and I got the healthiest salad on the menu - it was wonderful! 


Saturday: ANIMAL KINGDOM


The landscape and scenery was INCREDIBLE! They do such a good job. I loved this park. 


 round 1: I was terrified, I for 1 don't like dinosaur's, and for 2 I kept thinking one was going to jump out at me and squirt water on me or something....I would never take a little daughter on this ride - she would be petrified! Like I was - as a 23 year old.. haha

 round 2 (Taylor loves this ride, we got a fast pass): I realized it wasn't a scary ride at all.. and Taylor was making a silly face at the camera. Too bad the pictures didn't turn out super well. 

 Mt. Everest - super fun new roller-coaster! The first ride that Taylor hadn't been on.

We got DRENCHED head to toe on Kali River Rapids - like literally the wettest in the boat. Naturally. Good thing it was the hottest day we'd had at Disney so it felt nice and dried super quick.


I'm not really a sucker for animals - at all, but I am a sucker for monkey's for some reason! I used to collect them - well stuffed animal monkeys. Like I literally had about 50 of them... haha


Jungle Safari Ride - they seriously made this African jungle in Florida - So sweet!!

We ended the night with the Festival of the Lion King show - which was AWESOME! So much dancing and singing. They did a really great job! 

All in all Disney was AMAZING and my husband is incredible for planning such a fun honeymoon!! I only found out about the extra week in Disney (we had originally just planned the beach house) a week before the wedding - so I could pack. We want to thank Uncle Don and Aunt Shannon for letting us use their time share in Orlando - it was perfect. And Bruce and Debbie for letting us use the Disney passes! We are so grateful for the time we spent together and for the memories we made! 

On Sunday we drove back to Tampa to catch our flight, once we landed we headed up to Zermatt for the week until we moved to NYC. 

So there you have it! Here are the posts that make up our amazing month of MAY!


All caught up!
(minus Bridals and Wedding Day Photos from Rebekah)

4 comments:

  1. Now I really really really wanna go to DisneyWorld. So much so that I literally looked up flights. And don't worry...that dinosaur ride I cried like a baby when I was like 14 on that ride. I was so scared. The ride stopped in the middle of it due to "technical difficulties" and I was so relieved. Then my family asked to ride it again since our ride was ruined...yeah, I bolted off of it and waited as my family rode it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Long time reader, first time commenter (I'm friends with your cousin, Becky). First off, congratulations! Being married is the best and I am really excited for you.

    Second, since you're way more fashionable than I am, what are the rules regarding tennis shoes and dresses/skirts? It was something I did when I was younger, because I didn't know any better, but is it acceptable as an adult (when you're not at Disneyland and comfort isn't your #1 priority)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kimberly! Thanks for commenting. My sister is super fashionable and she wears her black converse sneakers with everything!! Dresses/skirts/everything. I am not much of a sneaker girl. I really only own those nike's I wore in disneyworld for working out. I do wear Sperry TopSiders with just about anything though. Here is a link on pinterest of some girls who wear sneakers with their dresses if you are interested, http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=sneakers+with+dress. I would say if it reflects your personal style then go for it. I wouldn't necessarily ever wear my nike's with any outfit other than workout clothes on a regular basis - Disney was an exception. Hope that helps!

      Delete