Monday, June 10, 2013

weekend: Battery Park // Church

instagram @breelena 
Pizza on Stone Street, mango liquorice from heaven, and the beautiful Hudson River with my sweetheart. 


 Stone Street

 new vs. old in the Financial District

 The new twin towers.


 I've missed this heavenly goodness. I've seen the brand a few places in Utah but never this flavor EXCEPT for at the airport, on my way to NYC... so I just waited until I got here to get it from the cute little store where Katie and I got it every weekend at FIT. Even located in the exact same place within the cute little store. Soft as ever... So happy!

 One of my favorite places in the city. So quiet, peaceful and beautiful.


On Sunday we went to church as a married couple for the first time (well we went last week but it was to a Manhattan ward - not our Queens ward). So we were introduced as Mr. & Mrs. Wilkins. Everyone was SUPER friendly and nice. We met a lot of fun couples who work in Manhattan. We are super excited to be in the Astoria ward for the entire summer because we extended our sub-lease and are now able to stay in this Sunnyside apartment until the end of August when we come home!! We are so blessed. 



Here is our church building, it is about 15-20 minutes away (3 mins. walking to the Subway, 4 stops on the Subway, then about 5 mins. walking to the building). Not bad. Easily doable in heels. It's a cute little building that is a labyrinth of halls underground. We got so lost down there - luckily we had many members who helped us out! A sweet lady and her husband helped me get a job interview for this Wednesday and we were invited to game night! Really sweet ward. Our first family ward. I love it!

instagram @breelena

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I have lunch in Battery Park everyday! We know it all too well ;) Such a nice place with awesome views!

    I adore your blog and nominated you for the Liebster Award; an award given from one blogger to the next to celebrate and expose the blogs we love!

    To see what to do - visit my blog post about it! Someone tagged me and now you are it! ;)

    athistage.blogspot.com/2013/06/liebster-award.html

    Much Love,
    Melanie♥

    ReplyDelete