Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Zupas @ Home: Pina Colada Chicken Salad

If you know me you know that this is my favorite salad and I've been having withdrawals. I haven't had it since my wedding night at the reception (yes, Zupas catered - best decision EVER)... I had this salad recipe I was planning on making for dinner last night but then got the brilliant idea to look up pina colada salad dressing recipes - I was craving it big time! I picked this one because it was so simple to make. It turned out SUPER delicious and really hit the spot!

We ate this salad for dinner with our chicken warm - right out of the oven (yummy).
And had our chicken cold for lunch the next day (yummy).
Either works.

Oh, how I love pinterest! - Check out my "yummy" board with all the amazing food I would love to make someday. I'm actually amazed at how much I enjoy finding recipes and making meals. Lucky Tay Tay.

6 chicken tenderloins
6 tbsp shredded coconut
1/4 cup panko crumbs
2 tbsp crushed cornflake crumbs
1/3 cup egg substitute or egg whites
pinch salt
olive oil spray

1 6-ounce container Vanilla Yogurt
2 tablespoons piƱa colada mix
1 teaspoon cider vinegar

Salad:
Romaine
Canned Pineapple
Mandarin Oranges
Coconut
Macadamia Nuts (my favorite ingredient)

My mom sent us these AMAZING Tupperware containers! Perfect for salads! (I also used it for a burrito the other day- tortilla and beans/rice in bottom so it could be microwaved, toppings on top with sour cream in the center.) Martha Stewart is amazing! Found at Macy's.


Taylor's lunch! Pina Colada Chicken Salad with some carrots and "Hint of Salt" Wheat Thins.

And for breakfast..

Detox water, smoothie, steel cut oats with bananas/blueberries/pecans/agave.

Detox Water (via Pinterest):
1 Liter Water (about 32 ounces)
1 Medium Cucumber
1 Lemon
10 Mint Leaves


I also made hard boiled eggs in the oven (via Pinterest) while cooking my chicken.
Haven't tried one yet but I will let you know if they didn't work.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.collegefood101.com/easy-things-to-cook-baked-potato/

    ReplyDelete