Tuesday, June 11, 2013

3 dinner recipes + snacks

Friday's Lunch: Leftover Burrito
"Dessert": Sliced apples with Sunflower Butter (Taylor is allergic to all nuts) and Agave ((I needed something sweet and I really didn't want to eat another brownie....well I wanted to but working out is not happening much around here so.. I knew I shouldn't and we had a half of a sliced apple in the fridge from yesterday's lunch... so this is what I came up with.)) It was delicious!




Taylor's new favorite snack is sunflower butter (since he's allergic to nuts this is the alternative he can have). He'd be a good peanut butter lover, he eats it right out of the jar. My new favorite snack is pecans and mini marshmallows. Seriously it is amazing. Perfect mix of salty and sweet.

snack time: pecans with mini marshmallows, dried cranberries, mango liquorice.



Recipes that have WORKED and been YUMMY!

Spicy Bean and Rice Burrito (pictured above) - rather than buying all the spices I simply used reduced sodium taco seasoning, and I added avocado.

Crispy Chipotle Lime Tilapia with Cool Avocado Sauce - made it Sunday night, super delicious (and I'm not a fish lover, I only really eat Tilapia). Loved the avocado sauce.

Spaghetti Aglio, Olio, e Peperoncino (pictured above) - made it last night. Not a ton of flavor but the chili flakes add a nice kick. I LOVED it. I love just plain spaghetti though so I enjoyed the mild flavor. I used whole wheat spaghetti. 

All 3 were pretty simple! Enjoy.

And a recipe from Utah that I never posted: Breakfast
Buckwheat pancakes with pineapple, pineapple juice, agave and coconut added to the batter, and also on top - sprinkled with powdered sugar. 

2 comments:

  1. http://www.collegefood101.com/easy-weeknight-dinner-flavorful-spaghetti/

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.collegefood101.com/recipe-for-college-students-tuna-fish/

    ReplyDelete