Thursday, June 20, 2013

random happenings... and everything in between.

So.. I've been trying to post the bridal session for awhile.. you see the problem is, I've only been able to cut down my pictures from 214 to 118... and that is A LOT of pictures still... It's a work in progress. Please be patient... they are coming SOON!


In other wedding news... my thank you cards FINALLY (the first package got lost... thanks to the UPS man who never left a notice) came in the mail - so now I will be able to start officially thanking all of my amazing friends/family/guests/vendors! (Asking for  your patience with this one as well, busy summer + lots of thank you cards = may take a while..) But we are SO grateful and cannot wait to remember each and every loving gift and sweet person who helped us celebrate our marriage! So a big thank you now, and a more intimate and official one to come!! There aren't words that we can express, or gestures we can give to show our sincere gratitude.


AND... I got my proofs back from Rebekah from the WEDDING DAY!! Waiting for the CD in the mail and... let's be honest, it'll (sadly) be a while before they get posted - since bridals aren't even posted yet. Nevertheless, I AM SO EXCITED and happy!!! Rebekah Westover is AMAZING. I was so lucky to have her photograph my amazingly perfect day. She is the best and I HIGHLY recommend her! I knew from day 1 that she was the ONLY photographer I'd want to shoot my wedding. Here's a sneak peak!



Lately...

JOB: I got a job, a not very glamorous (I was busy with other little things like... planning my wedding so I didn't have time to look for a design/fashion/wedding internship/job..and trying to save money while working retail at J.Crew seemed like a VERY bad idea (hello discount, which still means I just buy MORE things) and only being here for about 10 more weeks gave me not so many options..) one. But one that pays the bills and should be pretty interesting. And one that I am very grateful for, thanks to a sweet lady I met the first day in our Astoria ward who referred me and set me up with an interview. I am a temp, which basically means I fill in for secretaries/receptionists when they are sick/on vacation/etc. The company I'm with mostly places in financial offices such as Hedge Funds and Investment Banks. Which is perfect since that is what the Wilkins' household is all about! The jobs I've been offered so far have been 2-3 week positions. Then I'm off to somewhere new in the city. Why not add some secretary work to my resume that mostly consists of dancing/fashion/retail, right?!

WEEKEND GETAWAY: Taylor and I are heading to Washington DC this weekend!! So we have been busy planning for that pack-filled-fun weekend! If any of you have suggestions of must-see places or amazing restaurants I'd love to hear. We have about 20 hours (not including sleeping time) to see all DC has to offer!

FOOD and FRIENDS: I met up with some of my FIT dance girls at Shake Shack in Madison Square Park for a much needed 'Shroom Burger! Miss those girls!! So fun to catch up.


 (Flashback to our Picnic in the Central Park from Spring 2011)

PLANNING: I spent this week planning out all of Taylor's and my adventures this summer. All of our must-see NYC places and favorite restaurants are scheduled into the next 9 and a half weeks! (Turned out to be a very time consuming task but I feel so refreshed now that it is all organized!) Again, any suggestions are welcome! We are going to the places I am familiar with but I obviously don't know all the best things to do - so if you know of a great place in the city please let me know!! AND I've been planning for the ten days that my mom and sister are in town!!! They arrive next Thursday. I'm so excited to see Bain compete here at NYCDA. It has been since 2007 since Bain and I have both been in the city together. It'll be fun!


Flashback to NYCDA 2007

More fun date nights to come!! Highline and Chelsea Market last weekend. Post here


FOOD: I tried a few more recipes, everything has been a succcess! Here was my dinner menu from last week!
Sunday DinnerSouthwest tilapia with frozen vegetables and brown rice. (notes: Very good, especially the sauce!)
Monday Dinner: Spaghetti with garlic, sweet potato, and salad. (Posted about this recipe here.)


Tuesday Dinner: Breaded coconut chicken pina colada salad. (Posted about this recipe here.)


Wednesday Dinner: Stir fry with brown rice, frozen vegetables, egg, and jalapeno chicken sausage. (notes: SO easy, and with the spicy chicken sausage from Trader Joe's it adds enough flavor that with no salt or soy sauce added it was still extremely flavorful and delicious.)
Thursday DinnerTaco salad. (notes: this is one of my FAVORITE recipes that my mom use to make, so I made it like my mom did with regular tortilla chips rather than Doritos and chili beans rather than kidney beans. The rest of the recipe is pretty much the same. I don't add sour cream. And usually I add olives. ALSO - we buy the tostada shells in the big pack for $1.99 and crunch those up for chips - SO much cheaper and they taste good!)
Friday Dinner: Garlic lemon tilapia with frozen vegetables, brown rice, and fruit salad. 


(secret to best fruit salad ever: top with lemon, agave, and coconut! yum! I used mango, orange, banana, and blueberry in the salad)

Saturday Dinner: Date Night at Chelsea Market!
Dessert: Our favorite dessert/treat of the moment is mini crunchy oatmeal raisin cookies from Trader Joe's made into a sandwich with sunflower butter in the middle. Yummy!! And Trader Joe's mint ice cream sandwiches.



AND I know I talk about Trader Joe's WAY too much but guess what!!! I found spaghetti sauce with only 35mg of sodium!!! Most have about 300-700mg or so. AMAZING. And I'll just add some fresh garlic and chili pepper flakes for a little spicy kick. So happy.

GAVIN DeGRAW: Represented the other day running errands just to come home and find out he has a new single. Love. "Best I Ever Had."




FATHER'S DAY: My daddy deserves a shout out! He is the most loving and supportive father there ever was. He always helped me fulfill all my dreams and goals. The first (out of two times) I cried at my wedding was dancing with this sweet man I hold so dear in my heart (the second being when I danced with my husband for the first time as his Mrs.). This picture is so beautiful and I am so grateful for Rebekah for capturing this moment with my amazing loving daddy!



MARRIAGE: Life has been so good since Taylor and I got married. I think dating each other for SO many years has left us with not many surprises. It has been so completely normal. Like no change even happened. There have been no real adjustments. It has just been easier, more convenient, and better! We are so happy and are so blessed to have had the opportunity for so many fun adventures this summer. Two week honeymoon to Florida, or first move and apartment together, NYC, weekend trips, etc. The timing was all perfect and everything about our relationship and life together makes so much sense. He is my best friend, my other half (cliche I know.. but so true), and my eternal soul mate. I am so lucky. He makes me laugh every single day, multiple times. By every act he does I can tell his main goal is to put a smile on my face whether it is swiffering the apartment, singing funny made up songs, helping with dishes, making silly faces to get my attention, or massaging my messed up calves and feet he always finds a way to be 100% amazing, sweet, and thoughtful. I am so incredibly blessed to have found him and to be blessed with his presence every day.


P.S. I miss Pilates. 

2 comments:

  1. I am BURSTING with HAPPINESS for you and Taylor!! I miss ya'll but I know that you are in the right place. (for now!) love, Debbie/MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.collegefood101.com/food-to-avoid-sodium/

    ReplyDelete