Saturday, December 8, 2012

Wedding Planning

Get a wedding binder and a pinterest account (exclusively private and only for your wedding-makes things easier to show fiancee, family, vendors, etc. your inspiration and ideas).


Incorporate wedding colors and your style into your binder. Just looking at mine makes me super happy!


This clear case is AWESOME, always have post-its and pens on hand. Also, clear sheet protectors are great for holding business cards, contracts, etc.

Tabs: Schedule, to-do list, calendar, finances, bridal attire/beauty, wedding party, photography, venue, food, flowers, decorations/theme, invitation, videographer, guest list

 Schedule



Budget breakdown (print MANY sheets, I fill out a new one with new updates weekly). I also have a more in-depth excel version.


 Include pictures of your inspiration to show vendors (also place on your private pinterest account)

My wedding color inspiration!

Formally ask your bridesmaids to be your bridesmaids. It is classy and gives you an excuse to say something sweet to your besties.



A few things I'm learning: Average costs of U.S. weddings $26,000/ Utah weddings $12,500

PLAN IN ADVANCE and on your time schedule, no matter what anyone else says. Take me for example. I was not even officially engaged (I did wait until I had my promise ring) when I planned the temple, venue, and photographer (back in September) my food vendor is picked out and has been contacted, the invitation estimates are about done (and my wedding isn't until May). People keep telling me not to worry and stress out and slow down but for me, I really only have until January to finish planning because I know how I get when I am in school and I cannot do school and plan a wedding and sew everything at the same time.

Do your research. Ask many vendors for estimates so that you get an idea about what is average. BUT don't settle, if there is someone who you are dying to have (for me it was my photographer) then make it work. I knew that if I didn't go with her I wouldn't be happy with my pictures so I splurged and did it cause I know that pictures are important and I didn't want to have them not be everything I dreamed of.

Figure out if you are willing to pitch in and help pay for your wedding. I was given a budget and I worked to stay within the limit but I also, after discussing with Taylor, decided that to me it is worth putting in some of my own money. My wedding is such a big deal to me and I want to pay to help it be everything I want. So I let myself go over budget and get who I wanted knowing that I would love paying for these things that are important to me and worth it.

Make your wedding YOU. And don't bother sharing details with people who will shoot your ideas down. For me a huge aspect is DIY and luckily I have an amazing mom who is willing to help me out. I am making my dress, the bridesmaid's skirts, the decorations. My aunt (who is a florist), mom and I are arranging the flowers. My sister-in-law (who is a baker), mom, and I are making the cake.

I couldn't be more excited. I LOVE planning weddings, especially my own. I love that the more I think about my dress and wedding, the more excited I get.

Obviously most of the details won't be released until later. The location, date, etc. will be released once everything is officially official (which is now - this post has been pending since September) and the dress/decorations/theme etc. will be released....on my wedding day. I will keep many posts pending and then publish them once the wedding is over so I can share the process!

So here are some of the details...

Date: May 4, 2013
Sealing: Manti LDS Temple 
Reception: The Manor at the Riverwoods

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and Taylor! You are so organized and I can't wait to see all the little details come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really very important to plan your wedding day but the most important thing it planing wedding is budget you should keep it in mind on every step.
    ----------------
    Marquee Hire Poynton

    ReplyDelete