Thursday, July 25, 2013

grateful..

week via Instagram @ breelena

^^ listened to the Philharmonic Orchestra in Central Park while watching gorgeous fireflies dance all around.


^^ I started my 5 day headache on Wednesday and it turned into a head cold by Friday. Taylor surprised me with some yummy sea salt caramel ice cream. We decided I was extremely dehydrated because my kidneys aren't getting enough salt (we've been on a very low sodium diet for some medical reasons) apparently I need more than Taylor does. My kidneys were unable to retain water as well as they were suppose to.

^^ Seth and Jenn suggested I "ground" myself with the earth again - it had been many months since I have been barefoot on the ground. So we stopped in Riverside Park at walked around barefoot for a bit.

^^ Taylor and I met up with Paymon who is at Medical School on the UES for brunch at Sarabeth's. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Super yummy! It was so good to catch up with him!!

^^ I just love him!
(p.s. wedding photos are being submitted to blogs so they are on the down-low for now..)

My husband is amazing. I am so overwhelmed by his sweet goodness and help during this past weekend when I was extremely sick.

He..

  • happily woke up after 3 hours of sleep with me when I was crying because of my extremely painful going on 5 day headache. 
  • massaged my head and neck, fed me food, made me tea, and held me for hours until I fell back asleep. 
  • let me stay in bed all day long as he ran around getting me everything and anything I needed. 
  • fed me ice cream for my sore throat.
  • put up Trader Joe's paper bags in the window to block the light so it could be darker in our room. (Our blinds are super thin..) so I could sleep easier during the day.
  • froze a washcloth so it would be refreshing and cold and put it on my forehead - best thing ever to stop the pain! He rotated it and re-froze it a million times.
  • held me and comforted me all day long.
  • got me medicine and herbal sleeping pills to help relax me and dull the pain.
  • made breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and tea.
  • relaxed me by massaging my head and neck until I was tired enough to sleep (at least an hour..).
  • gave me a priesthood blessing which literally saved me.
We survived our first bad sickness. And it was the most painful sickness of my life. Feeling better. Still a headcold but my headache is gone for the most part and I am able to function again.

Marriage is good. Bragging session over. I love Taylor Wilkins. Luckiest girl.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of him!! He did exactly what he should have, take care of his
    wife who he loves so much! I'm really glad you are feeling better Bree.
    love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete