Monday, July 29, 2013

only one more month...

I started my permanent job that will last throughout the rest of the summer! I am an assistant to the facilities manager at a hedge fund in Midtown. It is actually really nice to head into the city and be a working girl everyday. I work Tuesday-Thursday from 8:30-5:30. Since I am only a couple blocks away from Taylor's work we usually meet up after and head home together. 

On Monday (my first day) I was still very sick and so Taylor stopped by to pick me up from work with a sandwich and lemonade so I wouldn't have to cook when I got home. He also wanted to make sure I was alert enough to make it home okay! So sweet. 

Wednesday I was feeling better so we headed down to the East Village for some dumplings at Vanessa's and rice pudding from Rice to Riches. We sampled almost every flavor and ended up with french toast and butterscotch (the best!). 



Friday marked our one-month-to-go date... I found an AMAZING dress at Anthropologie. AND a shirt I have had my eye on since it was $45 went on sale to $17. Thank you J.Crew. 


Saturday we spent the morning doing laundry then headed out for a wonderful date afternoon/night. We went to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens (which were gorgeous even though it is not really flower season). Especially here I LOVE getting out in nature and breathing in the fresh air. It was beautiful and extremely refreshing. After we headed to canal street for some $5 sunglasses and SoHo window shopping. We ended the night in the South Seaport having dinner while looking at the gorgeous financial district skyline. It was lovely. 




 ^^I want my backyard to look like this..









 ^^ pretty trees... 



^^ human nest 


 ^^ loved this cute little tree with the seats made from tree trunks








This weekend it was chilly.. Which was incredible. It felt like fall. I brought out the pants and lightweight sweaters. I am so ready for fall weather. 

We've had so much fun here in the city and are going to be sad to go. BUT we are also excited to get back to family, friends, and school in Utah. Taylor keeps talking about how much he misses the mountains and going on drives up the canyon. We haven't really spent any time in Utah as a married couple so it will be fun to be back there this fall and winter semester!! We secured our apartment at Wymount and are starting to finalize our fall schedules. 

Life is so good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment