Monday, July 1, 2013

weekend with Mommy and Bain!

THURSDAY: My mom and sister flew into the city bright and early! I met up with them for lunch at Gray's Papaya and cookies at Levain Bakery. We then hit up Trader Joe's. Taylor met up with us for dinner at Rosa Mexicano and then we saw the Broadway show, Mamma Mia!





^^ literally the best cookie on the planet earth! {Oatmeal Raisin}


 ^^ Best guacamole EVER!!

 


 ^^ just practicing our ballet since the ABT is performing at Lincoln Center (I really want to go!)





 ^^ amazing seats!! 

^^ this was my favorite show I've seen on Broadway! I loved every second of it. It was hilarious and so much fun. I LOVE the movie so I was super excited for this and it did not disappoint!! 

FRIDAY: My mom came out to Sunnyside to see our apartment and we looked at wedding photos. Then we went to some trimming/fabric stores in the garment district. I got extremely inspired by a few things and now want to start on a new project - an evening gown! Too bad my style is high end and formal which means it is expensive to just play around and create things AND I have no where to wear my creations.. I introduced mom to Potbelly's and then we met up with Taylor to do a session at the Temple. Both of them have been before, but this was my first time at the Manhattan Temple. It was so beautiful!! We then got banana pudding at Magnolia Bakery and went to dinner at Luce with Bain.


 



 ^^ some of my favorite things to see in the city..




 ^^ I got this ravioli back when I was living here and I remember it being amazing, so I told Taylor and my mom about it and they wanted to try it too... I was worried that it wasn't going to be as amazing as I remembered, since that semester I literally ate out only a few times.. so I thought maybe it was just amazing because it was a rare and wonderful experience when I got the opportunity to eat out.. So we all ordered the  "Homemade Ravioli with Spinach, Ricotta & finished with Mushroom Sauce" and oh. my. goodness. It was even better than I remembered. It really was hands down the best Italian meal any of us have ever had. 

 ^^ remember this story, when I ran into my missionary friend.. who is now my husband and I ran the other way... well here is the infamous location. Reunited at last! 



SATURDAY: Bain competed her solo for Outstanding Dancer at NYCDA and then we went to Rockefeller Center for a little shopping at J.Crew and Anthro. My cute husband even picked out a few things for me to try on (and purchase), he has good taste and is so sweet! We also ate some macaron's for dessert!



SUNDAY: My mom came to church with us in Astoria then we met up with Bain for some Shake Shack in Madison Square Park! We then went down to the 9/11 Memorial.



 ^^ isn't he just the cutest?!!



 ^^ fyi: best time to come to shake shack is in the rain - shortest line ever!






^^ more pretty flowers..

^^ so in love with this handsome guy!!

 ^^ a very beautiful memorial! The finish product is going to be amazing, when all the buildings are done.




 ^^ way too sad!!! I thought the rain added a little extra to this memorial today. Appropriate.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment