Wednesday, July 9, 2014

NYC: our sublet apartment

So this post is mostly just for our mom's and for us to remember our little NYC apartment.
We lucked out with this sublet from craigslist, it came furnished AND it is only used to rent out so there is not a permanent resident that is just letting us use it for the summer. This is SUPER nice because we aren't having to deal with someone else's stuff all over but it still has everything we need! It's perfect. We did a LOT of rearranging when we got here - I think every piece of furniture but the couch and the wall art we moved from where it was originally. I tried to make the most open space I could for things like yoga and patterning/cutting out fabric/etc.

Here is the short little tour.

LIVING ROOM/BEDROOM/OFFICE/SEWING ROOM

 ^^had to get creative with space...so the shoes went on the awkward shaped coffee table that used to be in the middle of the room.
{We brought the lamp, fan, air cleaner, and obviously the lotion and shoes}

 {We brought the blankets/sheets/pillows for the bed}

 {We brought the tall lamp - no overhead lighting..}

^^This is me standing as far back into the corner as I can..

 {We brought a printer, iron (under the small table), table, and everything on the table}

 ^^This piece of furniture was a suprise - it wasn't in the craigslist post but I am SO happy it was here because there is no dresser and I was worried about where we would put our clothes and extra stuff.
{We brought basically everything that is filling this bookcase}

 ^^There are two big closets - this one has all of our hanging clothes and a lot of the suitcases, the other one (not pictured) has cleaning supplies and the rest of the suitcases.
{We brought the clock, mirror, and bin}


KITCHEN


 {We brought the blender and some dishes/silverware/cooking utensils/pans/etc.}

{We brought the rice cooker and drying mat}

^^Yes, I guess this is suppose to be the preparation/dining table - but since it is just me alone for my meals I eat at my desk - or on the coffee table and use this to prepare my food. The door is to the bathroom which I didn't post pictures of because it isn't that exciting.
{We brought the folding chair}

So there it is.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking as one of the "Moms", thank you! Even though you showed it to us on FaceTime, it is nice to see it in pictures also. It's a very nice apartment and so convenient, you did a great job maximizing the space! In the future you and Taylor will be so glad to be able to look back at your beginnings in New York! love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete