Saturday, August 21, 2010

busy week..

I always put things off to the last minute... Like these last two weeks while I am here are filled with people to see, things to do.

Monday: Um, I didn't realize how little time I had left so... I didn't do anything productive like I should have... I watched Glee with Mom and Bain while working on my Inspiration Journals.

Tuesday: Bain time at RCC laying out by the pool. Then the DAVE MATTHEWS concert!!! AMAZING. They are SO good live. They rock out hard core! They didn't play as many of their old songs as I was hoping..but it was still wonderful! I went with my friend Preston and we rocked out to Backstreet Boys and N'Sync on the way home. I HONESTLY don't understand why we stopped listening to them in the first place. They are SO good! Seriously though.. new playlist, late 90's boy band style coming up! Best car ride ever!


Wednesday: Breakfast with my dance girls!!!! Ah how I love and miss them! Magleby's Yum Yum Yum. Headband party. I found out some AMAZING news about my best friend Elder Wilkins, he is being transferred to South Manhattan (He has spent his time until now in the Bronx and upstate towards Connecticut)! I am SO excited for him because I LOVE Manhattan!!!! It'll be so good for him. What is really crazy is that he is switching from Spanish speaking to English speaking with only a little over 8 months left so he can remain zone leader. (South Manhattan doesn't have Spanish speaking). He'll love it there I am SO happy he gets to experience Manhattan! Then I had date night with my daddy! We went golfing! I haven't been for a while, a long while, so we dusted off my clubs and started from scratch. And actually... I am not terrible. I have a good swing, good technique, and power. I just need aim, consistency, and practice. It was a lot of fun! We shared the best burger of my life. If you caught that... I just ate a burger... I don't do that often... and I LOVED it.. which happens even less often. SO delicious!! It was from Riverside, with the softest sourdough bun and swiss cheese. Yum Yum Yum. Katie came over and we watched The Last Song with my Mom and sister Bain. hahahahahaha seriously the best night of my life. WOW stick to the book please! It is actually good... this movie... yikes. I have never once in my life laughed my way through a romantic Nicholas Sparks movie. Ya, usually I cry A LOT. I did in the book.. this though.. was honestly the worst acting I've ever seen. Neither of them were in the slightest bit convincing. If you are in for a laugh I recommend.. if you aren't, read the book and skip the movie.

Thursday: Started the day right with a run with daddy. It has been a while. Had an appointment with the Dermatologist.. have I ever told you what I hate most in life... SHOTS and KNIFES and ANYTHING medical. Confession... I still have to hold my mom's hand when I get shots, and sometimes I cry.... still.. yes I know, I am lame. They don't even hurt most of the time but they scare me and I really avoid them as much as possible. I get so nauseous and feel so sick every time I receive or even think about it. Not my cup of tea that is for sure. I ate my favorite salad, cranberry turkey sunflower seed, from Kneaders and continued with my headband party. I took a nap. Then I went to my dear friend Talyn's house because she had a surprise for me. We ate a lovely dinner of fish, pineapple and fresh from their garden, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, and raspberries. It was delicious. My surprise was gelato. Yum. Then for round two of ice cream my friends; Jen, Kenzie, and Megan joined me in continuing our Cold Stone tradition. My usual Banana ice cream with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Caramel was replaced tonight by Oatmeal Cookie Batter ice cream with Cookie Dough and Brownies. I was feeling the baked goods apparently. I would recommend both (and seriously try the Banana combo... it NEVER fails!

Friday: Haircut. Didn't get much length off, just cleaned up the ends and got some layers around my face to soften it up. Ernie's Champ for breakfast! Along with the best sandwich in the world we ate 2 pieces of their AMAZING cake. Chocolate and a new flavor I haven't tried, Lemon. SO good. All of it. And by 'we' I mean my mom, Bain, and my friend Kelsea. Then mom, Bain, and I went and saw Inception.. such an awesome movie, really I enjoyed it a TON. Very well done, definitely one I could see many more times. When we got home the power went out so mom, Bain, Sy, and I played cards. I normally dominate but I FAILED miserably today. We played one of our new favorite card games Nickle, Nickle (the other being Baseball). I took a nap.. again. two days in a row now... (I really shouldn't have to nap that much.. I just have been really tired lately, to the point that I really can't function unless I sleep) Oh, we received our family pictures today, I will post those later. Then one of my best friends from High School, Orem Dance Company, and The Dance Club... someone I spent almost every day with for 3 years of my life got married. Kara Hill. WOW her reception was gorgeous. I didn't take any pictures because I felt rude but it was so perfect. It was outside under lights with a live band and dance floor. Crepes, salad in martini glasses, gelato, VERY good cake. Dancing all night. Sparklers. Beautiful people, Kara's dress was SPECTACULAR. So pretty and I got to see all my lovely dancers who I miss terribly. It was a wonderful night.

Tomorrow... IDAHO for the last of the Seth and Jenn festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment