Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Recently..

I started my inspiration journals. They are basically hundreds of magazine cut outs of fashion that inspires me. I have had literally 100 or so magazines piled up in my room that I have accumulated over the years for the purpose of doing these journals and finally it is getting done. It feels so good. 

1. is full of all designer fashion from all the 'vogue' type magazines.

2. is simply J.Crew. 2007-present. Yes, I didn't even know I had been collecting them that long. And yes, they only get better with time. It includes womens, mens, and crew cuts.

3. is for Bridal Dresses (including J.Crew Bridal)... it is sadly not very filled because I don't like much of what is out there.... 

4. is tentative still.. not sure if I'll need to break this category down more.. I haven't started this one yet because all of my pictures/inspiration are on the computer and I really want them to be hard copy and in my journal but my printer is broken at the moment... and there are A LOT of pictures... So we'll see. But the category is weddings; engagements, cute bridals, pretty decorations, basically everything else but the dress since it gets its own book.


I saw 3 great movies. Letters to Juliet I saw with my mom and it was REAL good. I love a cute tear-jerker love story though, not to mention Amanda Seyfried is one of my favorites and Christopher Egan was pretty darn good looking. AND Vanessa Redgrave is simply BEAUTIFUL!  Charlie St. Cloud was another one where tears seemed to come too easily. Never really thought I would like Zac Efron, after the High School Musicals and all that but he has grown up a bit and did a really great job. He is a handsome crier that is for sure. Step Up 3 was another one I wasn't dying to see but Bain wanted to go and.. it did not disappoint. It was incredible actually. Amazing dance choreography, I really really enjoyed it. Rick Malambri was also pretty fine.


S'mores are one of my favorite things EVER, but camping.. I can do, but... it isn't really top on my list. SO I decided to make myself the perfect treat in my own home. Thank you stove top and jumbo marshmallows!

I heard another country song that has such great lyrics. I REALLY wish someone like Tim McGraw sang it though because I don't love the voice of the guy who does sing it... but other than that the song is good. It was what I wrote in Seth and Jenn's advice journal.

Love Like Crazy
They called him crazy when they started out
Said seventeen's too young to know what loves about
They've been together fifty-eight years now
That’s crazy

He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
He bought a little 2 bedroom house on Maple Street
Where she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Yeah that’s crazy

Just ask him how he did it; he'll say pull up a seat
It'll only take a minute, to tell you everything
Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when he quit his job
Said them home computers, boy they'll never take off
He sold his one man shop to Microsoft
They paid like crazy

Just ask him how he made it
He'll tell you faith and sweat
And the heart of a faithful woman,
Who never let him forget

Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I love you
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get too old to call her baby
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when they started out
They've been together fifty-eight years now

Ain't that crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment