Thursday, August 26, 2010

last week in UT

Saturday: We headed to Idaho. We had a few set backs along the way but we made it! (fyi.. in Idaho beware, there is apparently a change in speed limit, 75 to 45 along the highway, that isn't marked at all.... so avoid that. And if you are staying in a hotel room and it is 4 in the afternoon you must not turn the tv on or get changed into wedding clothes/do your hair/makeup etc. because you will receive a complaint about being too loud. Yes, at 4 P.M...really?) BUT besides all that we made it to the wedding on time. It was beautiful. They had a ring ceremony and then reception with lots of yummy desserts that Jenn and her family made. There were professional photographers so I didn't take many pictures. We dance and danced the whole night, it was a lot of fun!!! Oh I also don't look my age, I look young, I know that, so when this guy asked me how old I was, I said 20, he didn't believe me, he thought I was 16.... sad story. He thought Sy was older. haha lame.
Sunday: Our hotel had a lovely breakfast, biscuits and gravy. YUM. and Waffles! After Breakfast my family and grandparents went to visit Seth and Jenn at their apartment before heading out. We as a family have a weird game we play called... salmon, I can't really explain it but it is hilarious, it made for a very fun morning. Then we drove the long, windy, rainy road back to Orem. We had yummy cake at my uncle LeGrand's house for his Birthday! I was SO excited to get in bed and SLEEP. It was a long weekend.

Monday: I started packing then went up to Park city with Mom, Sy and Bain to have dinner with Granny and Grandpa. We went to this yummy Mexican restaurant, I ate WAY too much but it was delicious. Mom and Bain had to go back home but me and Sy stayed the night at the time share. We went to J.Crew outlets. Amazing deals, I LOVE the outlets. I had rewards money that I needed to use which is always fun! Sy and I rode the chair lift, then we all watched Miss Universe.

Tuesday On the way home from Park City we stopped at my favorite ice cream place. When I lived in Michigan there was the Tasty Freeze and they had Tiger Stripes. They were our family favorite. Orange sorbet and vanilla swirl. Never have we been able to find this combo anywhere until we came across the Dairy Keen in Heber. That was the BEST DAY EVER! I visited the new Orem High School to talk to Mrs. Gillett (the best sewing teacher EVER) Hollie (Orem Dance Co. coach, LOVE her) and Mr. Downs (most perfect English teacher, one of my favorite people) The new school is AMAZING and huge! I finished the book Eat Pray Love so my mom, Katie, and I went to the movie. It was REALLY good. I enjoyed it a lot! We made our famous carmel corn (that is usually only reserved for October) who knew that corn syrup, sugar, and butter could be the BEST combo in the world!

Wednesday: I went running with my Daddy for the last time while I am home. Then Talyn and I completed our temple tour that we started last summer. We did baptisms for the dead in all the Utah temples but the Oquirrh Mountain Temple didn't open until after I moved. We went to the dedication but weren't able to perform baptisms. So today, we went. That temple is AMAZING! It is beautiful! After we went for out ritual Sonic run, cranberry limeade and onion rings. I went to Guru's because my friend Steven and his band were playing. It was a lot of fun because my lovely friends Kelsea (who just got her mission call to San Diego!!!) and Katie were there, along with a lot of friends who I haven't seen since high school!

Thursday: Final packing and getting everything done that I need too before I leave. Joey, my friend, stopped by and we played nickle nickle with my mom. My grandparents took my family to Red Lobster, for my favorite meal...crab legs! Yum Yum Yum. Finally finished packing and my beautiful Katie stopped by for our last cookie dough splurge and prison break episode. Final goodbyes for 4 months. Not fun! I'll miss you friends and family!!!!!! I wish you could all come with me!

Tonight: Airport, red eye...Off to New York City! Wish me luck, please pray that I find a job!

1 comment:

  1. bree. your new pics are amazing! good luck this year in the city. miss ya.

    ReplyDelete