Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to the City.

NYC.

lots to post. It has been a little crazy moving in and getting settled. BUT I am here, I am settled, and I am doing well!

Let's start with Thursday night. Naturally the flight was delayed 2 hours, didn't take off til about 1:30. As we were waiting for take off on the plane a lady was yelling at her husband "Just stuff it in, shove, just get it in there, it doesn't matter" I thought, hey it must be a big suitcase that is trying to fit in the overhead compartment. Nope, when I saw what it was I almost fainted.... it was her newly bought WEDDING DRESS!!!!! Are you kidding me??? She was stuffing her huge, new wedding dress, literally shoving it into a corner of the compartment. Saddest thing I've ever seen. I don't even want to know what it looked like when it came out. Sad day.

I can't sleep on airplanes, and red eyes are no different, so it was a long ride but it was good, I read Mockingjay the whole time (from the Hunger Games trilogy) it is AMAZING!!! Love the series, love this book!

My apartment is tiny tiny, but we make it work. We spent the day unpacking the suitcases and organizing some stuff but I didn't have all my stuff that was in storage so there wasn't too much we could do. We walked around through Central Park to Madison ave. where we started our J.Crew tour. Picking up applications at every one. (There are 7, not including Menswear) J.Crew Bridal never seems to disappoint! We met a lovely man, who worked there,  named Teddy who is so sweet! Our tour for the day ended down at the South Sea Port where we ate our dinner. Uno Chicago Grill. Delicious. We had a yummy vegetable pizza and a salad with watermelon, blueberries, and other good things.. both were excellent.

My mom and I drove a creeper cargo van... complete with white paint and no windows. One of those vans that when you see it you are a little nervous that there is a meth lab going on inside or that there are kidnapped kids. I felt like a creeper. We drove to Jersey, to my lovely friend Emily's house to pick up my stored things. We stopped at Wawa to enjoy in the best coffee cake (which is more like an amazing cinnamon roll) and some Tastykakes. On the way back we stopped at Ikea for my bed frame then kept moving in all night.

I went to both of my wards (my old and my new) and then continued with the final set up of my room. It worked out nicely. Mom and I found a nice Italian restaurant right down the street where I consumed the best ravioli ever, spinach filled with mushroom sauce. Perfection. We got gelato on the way home, I had Oreo, and it was delicious.

Monday we ran some errands and went to the Shake Shack. BEST shake ever... well it was their famous Concrete which is made with custard. I had vanilla custard with fresh bananas. AMAZING! SO good. I had class, speech/presentation/interview class. My least favorite thing to do but something I need to learn and get good at. I am WAY excited for this class. My teacher is great and I think I will learn a lot and gain more confidence. It is all about finding yourself and being about to talk comfortably and confidently. Just what I need. SO happy that this class is going to be good, I was really worried about taking it. BUT I know I need it, interviews are the scariest things ever for me. My mom and I went to Mama Mexico to have the best fresh guacamole known to man. FRESHLY made right at your table.

My mommy left on Tuesday. Before she left we enjoyed a lovely Magnolia's Bakery breakfast (2nd breakfast, the first being a very healthy and delicious greek yogurt and fruit mix with walnuts and raisins) and it was tasty as always. Banana pudding and a fresh peach muffin! Lovely morning. We said our goodbyes, always sparks a tear when my best friend leaves me. But it is all good! I filled in applications and walked around in the 1000 degree weather dripping sweat from every single pore dropping off applications. HOPEFULLY I get a job! and even more hopefully at J.Crew Bridal. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE that oh so very much!

My apartment is located in a great spot. Well... I am far away and have to use a subway to go anywhere I need to except... Magnolia Bakery is on my block just on the East side, Mango Licorice is just at the grocery store I go to, The temple is 4 blocks away, the gelato place down the street is actually very tasty (I am kind of a hard judge-Italy), pinkberry is just just up one block, Central Park is over 2 blocks, the Shake Shack isn't too far either, there is a gym in my building too which means I am all set! That is all I've discovered so far.. I am sure I will be able to explore and find more hidden finds in this beautiful city!

*sorry there aren't many pictures... my battery was dead for the first couple days. I am rather sad about it.

1 comment:

  1. your apartment is so cute! are you living alone? you seriously have my dream life. haha. you are simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete