Sunday, September 12, 2010

everything new

-New Goal- learn to communicate better. It is always something I REALLY struggle with. I don't like to cause conflict or contention, I hate arguments, I never want to hurt someones feelings so I tend to keep things to myself. It has caused me MAJOR problems  my whole life. When there is no communication, nothing can be fixed. But it is in my nature to avoid it at all costs. My goal is to CHANGE my nature, change myself so that I can be willing to communicate from the start. I LOVE being a Pisces, I will actually probably try to plan my children's births so they are born a Pisces. BUT this is our ONE and ONLY downfall! haha. We are just too darn emotional and compassionate. (If you want a re-fresher in what your sign means, there are short descriptions posted on the side)

-New Experience- I did Baptisms for the Dead yesterday in the Manhattan Temple and I was in a Spanish speaking group. This usually happens but someone always baptizes me in English. Not this time. Elder Wilkins would be so proud! I was Baptized and Confirmed in Spanish!

-New Book- I got my library pass the other day and read BEASTLY. It was pretty good, and a very quick read. (It is almost a modern day Beauty and the Beast.. which I am craving to watch now, only instant netflix doesn't have it, sad.) Apparently there is a movie coming out soon. I returned my book (the library is conveniently close to the Temple) and got a new one. This particular location of the NY Public Library is rather small so most of the books on my list aren't at this one, so I picked up THE LOVELY BONES. It is a movie now, I haven't seen it. Hopefully it is good, I haven't heard from anyone who has read it so, we'll see.

-New Faces- Next to the library is a fire station. It was 9/11 so they were having a memorial type service outside. LOTS of fire fighters... If you don't mind me saying, MANY of them were dang attractive. Why is that? It seems that all are. All that I've seen at least. Just an observation. I would personally never want my husband to be a fire fighter, I am selfish and would rather have them safe and at home...but I am VERY grateful for them!

-New Sundae- Strawberry Fields Sundae at Serendipity. Strawberry ice cream, strawberries, cheese cake, strawberry syrup, and cream. DELICIOUS. I went with my lovely friend Carrie, we partook in the year of death together last year.

-New Route-Carrie and I decided to walk home from Serendipity (It is between around 2nd ave, I live around 7-8th ave. and it is on 60th street, I live on 70th. So it is a pretty decent walk). I have never walked Central Park South before and it is lovely. All the high end apartments, The Plaza, etc. are all along this road and I loved it. The apartment on this road were beautiful and huge. And WAY TOO expensive. I really like it uptown. I have become so much more oriented with the city. I walked from Columbus Circle (which is where my new job is) to my apartment for the first time and I passed so many restaurants and lovely things and it made me really love this place. It is so much better than midtown where I was living before.

-New Dream- If I become the next Jenna Lyons then I WILL live on Central Park South. Or if I am smart with my money I will buy a place in Brooklyn like the current Jenna does and just stay at the Plaza Hotel every once in a while. 

-New Place-Like I said, my job is at Columbus Circle, so I will be there frequently. Actually noticing what it has to offer really has me excited. It is right by the park, there are lovely steps and places to sit and read, there is J.Crew, naturally, along with Borders, Whole Foods and many other stores. It is such a nice place.

-New Song- 'I need thee every hour' I always knew this was a good song and for some reason it was playing in my head over and over today. I have my 2 favorite hymns so I usually turn to those but today I turned to this song.

I need thee every hour most gracious Lord. 
No tender voice like thine can peace afford.
I need thee every hour, stay thou nearby.
Temptations lose their power when thou art nigh.
I need thee every hour in joy or pain. 
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
I need thee every hour most Holy one. 
Oh, make me thine indeed, thou blessed Son!
I NEED THEE, OH, I NEED THEE; EVERY HOUR I NEED THEE!
OH, BLESS ME NOW MY SAVIOR; I COME TO THEE!

pure perfection, such a beautiful song.

-New Craving- well..... it isn't a NEW craving but.. PIE! pie, pie, pie. Oh the fall makes me think of PIE. I always want it, I don't know where to find it. Oh how I just want to be home for Thanksgiving. 2 years in a row is NO GOOD. Hopefully I find some, or find someone to share some with so I can make one. 

-New Team- FIT dance team auditions were today. It was SO good to dance again! It felt amazing. I am going to be so sore tomorrow, I might not be able to walk.. but it made me SO happy.

-New Best Day Ever- Today, Sunday September 12. I'll save this for it's own special post though.

2 comments:

  1. I love new things and I love that hymn, it's really one of my favorites. A good one to have running through your head. And, how cool that you got to meet Jenna.... wow! So glad you are living your dream Bree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BREE!! Did you know I'm moving to Connecticut?? You can come over and we can make oodles of pie!!!!

    ReplyDelete