Friday, September 17, 2010

Recipes and Stuff

Recipes this week.

Black Bean & Zucchini Quesadilla


1 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
2 whole wheat tortillas
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons salsa

Make it: Saute first 4 ingredients for 5 minutes. Place mixture on tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Fold in half and cook in pan until cheese melts and tortilla is toasted. Top with salsa.

I used Monterey Jack Cheese and no Salsa. It was delicious!

Lemon Basil Pasta With Summer Squash

2 ounces (2/3 cup) dry whole-wheat penne
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 cup chopped yellow squash
1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil

Make it: Boil pasta and drain. Toss with remaining ingredients.
-NOT good for leftovers. Throw away if you don't finish it, half it for one serving. 

As for other things...

Grateful list. The Secret says, when you are grateful and recognize the things you appreciate in life, more good things will come to you. Say "thank-you" continually. SO.. since I would love all good things to come into my life.. I am starting a list, whenever I think of things I am grateful for I write them down, also every morning I wake up and say thank you, and I say it every time anything good happens. Try it.

An amazing quote from Henry B. Eyring from his talk entitled Act in All Diligence
"This is the Lord's Church. He called us and trusted us even in the weaknesses He knew we had. He knew the trials we would face. By faithful service and through His atonement we can come to want what He wants and be what we must be to bless those we serve for Him."

And my new favorite quote from President Thomas S. Monson-Preparation Brings Blessings
PRAYER IS THE PASSPORT TO SPIRITUAL POWER

...my sweet tooth is back....and it is HUGE. I don't keep anything in the apartment, so when I really want something I have to go out and get it. I tried to not have sweets during the week, just on the weekend but... I failed! Oh well.
-Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie- it was FREE (wednesday)
-Fresh 'walk-away' apple pie from a farmers market- delicious (thursday)
-Carmelita bar- heavenly goodness from Whole Foods..I only ate half (friday)
-Ginger cookie- again FREE, love church activities! (friday)
oh... and my weekend treats rolled into this week as well
-Turtle brownie- literally BEST EVER brownie from Fat Witch Bakery in Chelsea Market
-Mango Licorice- my love. seriously, it is who I have date night with..
What can I say.... It is a LOVE/hate relationship.. me and my sweets. At least all the servings were small!


J.Crew-so far I have learned how to fill out lots and lots of paper work. AND I can successfully fold men's dress pants and the 'skinny' fold for women's tops. Oh... and I have the shopping down! My first 'real' day was suppose to be Monday but my training got cut short today so I am finishing up with it on Monday. Then I'll be on my way to making customers happy!

Sorry for the boring lack of pictures.... I haven't really taken any because I don't really do things that are picture worthy....

No comments:

Post a Comment