Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy September.

I love September, the changing weather, the changing schedule, the changing of clothes, everything about it. It is one of my favorite months. (Not to mention.. I met my Best Friend 5 years ago this month) I hope it gets chilly soon or at least not blazing hot!

I have started a new daily routine which consists of reading a lot of different material. The Book of Mormon, A Marvelous Work and a Wonder, May 2010 Ensign-General Conference, and the Secret. I will most likely be posting many of the insights I receive here on my blog so, just a heads up, along with my life story I will be putting up quotes and things that bring me joy and understanding, inspiration.

I've chosen to do this because I feel like it will be the best use of my time while I am here. Here I am cut off from MY world of friends, family, and loved ones, to seek opportunities. For those of you who don't know I am also cut off from communicating with my best friend Elder Wilkins, due to the fact that we are in the same area and it is against the rules to write. SO.. I need the help of my loving Savior to help me have faith, strength, love, and confidence while I am here alone. I am excited for my personal growth that will come this year. AND I am always welcoming phone calls, packages, advice, support etc. It is a good thing that I am independent when it comes to being able to live on my own, and that I accept change easily.. it is not good that I am a romantic and a care giver and I LOVE love, because there won't be much of that for the next few months.

Now that I dove way too deep into my personal feelings I will get on with the insights I received while reading:

1 Nephi 1:20- The tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.

A Marvelous Work and a Wonder (abbreviated MWW) was suggested to me by my loving daddy. He recommend this and 3 other books that I will be reading while I am living here this semester. So far (I'm only 3 chapters in) it is amazing!!! Really such a great book it covers the basics of my religion and is honestly so rich with testimony of the truth of this gospel.

MWW- 'It has been said that a nationally prominent radio commentator once made the statement that he had been asked what message could be broadcast to the world that would be considered more important than any other....he came to the conclusion that to be able to announce that a man who had lived upon the earth had died and then had returned again with a message from God would be the most important message that could be broadcast to the world. This being true, the Latter-Day Saints have the most important message for the world today.' Isn't that AMAZING?! I loved that.

MWW- In relation to our belief that God is a person rather than simply a Spirit, that He has flesh and bones, that we are made like unto his image. 'How could God without body, parts, or passions be expected either to see, hear, eat or smell? How could any child of God be expected to understand, much less to love and be loved by such an incomprehensible God..?'

General Conference (abbreviated GC) Boyd K. Packer-The Power of the Priesthood "The Book of Mormon makes it clear we will never dominate by numbers. But we have the power of the priesthood.. It might seem hopeless, it is monumentally difficult, but if is not only possible but certain that we will win the battle against Satan."

GC Julie B. Beck-And upon the Handmaids in Those Days Will I Pour Out My Spirit "We want to be ladies in ever deed, not according to the term of the word as the world judges, but fit companions of the Gods and Holy Ones.. women should be women and not babies that need petting and correction all the time." "When we have done our very best, we may still experience disappointments, but we will not be disappointed in ourselves."

The Secret 'You can have whatever you want in life, no limits. But there is one catch: you have to feel good. If you are feeling good, then you're creating a future that's on track with your desires.. Everything we think and feel is creating our future. Add feeling to your wanting. You have the power to change anything, because you are the one who chooses your thoughts and you are the one who feels your feelings. You create your own universe as you go along.'

'There is no greater power in the universe than the power of Love.' Say continually to yourself, over and over again "Life is so easy! Life is so good! All good things come to me!" and they will!

-Wow, sorry, this was a long one. I promise they won't continue to be this long every time!
Enjoy the day, enjoy September. Just sit and smile, knowing that life is GOOD, and God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment