Friday, October 15, 2010

busy busy busy

FINALLY a BUSY week!

My schedule this week:

MON:
7:00-11:00   reading-morning routine/workout/grocery shopping/eat
11:30-5:30   work
6:30-9:20    class

BEST day at work EVER. It was so busy due to the holiday and all the promotions that we had going on. I have never been so busy ever, I had at least 4 customers I was helping at a time constantly. LOVE IT!!!!  I got to pack a cute little lunch and dinner and had a wonderful day.

TUE:
6:30-9:30     reading-morning routine/workout/eat
10:00-7:00   work (originally my shift was only til 4:45 but a manager asked me to stay longer!)
8:00-10:45   dance

It was very slow today, very different than yesterday but still a pretty good day, selling wise. It is finally getting cold so people are buying their sweaters/cashmere and coats. Another day with a packed lunch and dinner. Straight from work to dance. It was a good day at dance, we did jazz today instead of hip hop. YAY. AND the dance I choreographed last year we are doing again this year for Parent's Day at FIT so we got to to the dance and... IT FELT SO GOOD! It is my style, my choreography and it made me SO happy!!!!!!! I am VERY tired though. 

WED:
6:00-7:30     reading-morning routine
8:00-5:15     work (originally my shift was only til 12 but a manager asked me to stay longer.. again!)
7:00-10:30   Carrie's birthday dinner


Another REALLY early morning! Yikes. No time for workout this morning. (P.S. I found a cardio trick-Elliptical is perfect cause you can read while you do it... I recommend conference talks! It makes it bearable! Because if you think of your cardio time as your conference talk time you feel way to guilty to not do it! haha) For Carrie's birthday dinner we went to a Korean restaurant. There were four of us, I told Carrie to order whatever, I'd eat anything.. SO... I tried Sushi. For those of you who don't know me well.... I don't really do fish... or really anything remotely fishy (except crab legs.. odd I know) and I DON'T do sushi. But I did. I tried it. It was a California roll, so only crab meat and it was really good actually. Dip it in the spicy sauce and soy sauce and it wasn't bad. Oh and chop sticks are difficult, just fyi. I also tried a seafood pancake that was good, a little too seafood-y for me though, I then tried sushi with salmon... well I picked out most of the salmon-as much as I could. I didn't like that one as much, probably just because I knew there was raw fish in it. For our main course we had fried chicken and WOW, it was delicious. yum yum yummy. The meal was a new experience for me, and it was a good one! The restaurant was awesome, it had great service and an amazing atmosphere. They kept giving us free shots haha... obviously I gave mine to the birthday girl! We had chocolate cake to top off the meal. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARRIE! (I'll post pictures when I get them from Carrie)

THURS:
7:00-9:30     reading-morning routine/workout
10:15-12:30 class-field trip to Queens
2:30-3:30     nap
6:30-9:30     work (a girl asked me to take her shift)

My first trip to Queens (only the first stop into Queens haha) we went to an embroidery business and it was incredible. All these antique sewing machines, I can't even explain how inspiring and AMAZING this company is. It was such a remarkable experience. I was DEAD tired though and desperately needed a nap. So I took one! Then I watched Glee before work. We are suppose to 'close' from 9-11, refolding etc. BUT we didn't have many customers so we got most of our folding done during store hours so we got out in record time, 9:30! Awesome but I wouldn't have minded the extra money.. haha I'm turning into a workaholic. I watched One Tree Hill though since I was home earlier than expected.

FRI:
9:00            woke up (finally got to sleep in a little bit)
9:00-now     reading-morning routine/workout/homework/blog
4:15-11       on-call for work... they didn't take any on calls today. boo. No work tonight.

I'm rather lazy today... but I figure it's okay, it was a busy week and I have a crazy busy weekend as well!  Should have done more homework than I did... oh well

I got an extra 10 hours this week! 27 hours.. if they took my shift today it would have been 34. Best week ever! LOVED all the scheduling and not being home all day and all the work. Not to mention the lovely pay check! Love being a working girl again.


This weekend is Bridal Market. I get to intern for Avenia Bridal and go around with them to all the runway shows/showrooms/etc. of wedding dress companies. A weekend FULL of wedding dresses. Pure heavenly perfection! I am SO excited. I did this last Fall and Spring as well but this time around I can do a lot more because I don't have class to hold me back. I will be with them all day Saturday/Sunday/Monday. I can't wait!

So far I've been able to watch General Conference Sat AM and PM (I am hoping to watch Sun AM tonight) and oh how I LOVE conference. I missed the smell of cinnamon rolls that filled my home in Utah, and I missed the experience of 2 days straight in a row of constant inspiration BUT it doesn't matter, it is still so amazing! The Spirit is still there no matter where or when or how you watch it.

Back track to Sunday. I love church. I love testimony meeting. I love feeling the spirit. I have a few little spiritual thoughts to share.
-Jacob 4. Read it.
- I want to express gratitude for my Savior. I love that term, Savior, because truly that is what He is, His purpose is to save us and to love us. I KNOW that He loves me and all His children and that He guides each one of our lives. As I have put the Lord first in my life, as I have studied and come closer to Him this past month I can literally feel His loving arms around me continually, constantly, every single day, and it is what gives me strength. He is my soul comfort right now, He is my friend and surviving force. His love is what keeps me going. The Lord knows us, He knows our needs, He knows how to help us. When no one is around He is. I am so grateful that I know that I do have a Heavenly Father who loves me, and I KNOW that He knows I love Him. I LOVE this gospel, and I know it is true.
-The 2 most important things to ALWAYS have 1. faith in Christ. 2. faith in YOURSELF!
- No matter what may be on'es handcaps or limitations in life, by purging himself he may become "a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work." (2 Tim. 2:21)
-In Marvelous Work and a Wonder the chapter on the word of wisdom is amazing, everyone in the world should read it.
"The Lord has made it clear that our bodies are the tabernacles of our Spirits. We cannot abuse and offend the body without offending the Creator...Drink has brought more woe and misery, broken more hearts, wrecked more homes, committed more crimes, filled more coffins, than all the wars the world has suffered...Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you,, which ye have of God, and y are not your own? For ye are bought with a price, therefore, glorify God in your body, and in your Spirit, which are God's (1 Corin. 6:19-20) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corin. 3:16-17)"
-The most POWERFUL source of courage and strength is our Faith in Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
-"Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord thy God is with thee wither-soever thou goest." Joshua 1:19
-Jacob 6:5 (new favorite scripture) "..come with full purpose in heart, and cleave unto God AS HE CLEAVETH UNTO YOU. And when his arm of mercy is extended towards you in the light of the day, harden not your hearts."
-Sweet talk from YW GC session last spring. Sister Dalton. "Each of you has inherited a royal birthright. Each of you has a divine heritage. "You are literally the royal daughters of our Father in Heaven." Each of you was born to be a QUEEN....There is no more beautiful sight than a young woman who glows with light of the Spirit, who is confident and courageous because she is virtuous."

Just would like to conclude with the lovely sweets I craved all last week (yes.. who craves sweets when they are sick except me...)
Peanut Butter Pie-Magnolia Bakery (I was craving peanut butter SO much for some reason) SO rich and delicious one slice lasted 3 days

and a Pint of S'mores Ice Cream-don't worry, that lasted a few days too!
This week was a bad week of cravings too but I didn't eat anything too exciting, I was too busy and I was trying to have a healthy week coming off of my sick week...

In case you don't know how.. FIT is there to help you out. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment