Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wedding Dresses for DAYS

Bridal Market.

Like I had said it has been a CRAZY busy week with Bridal Market and work... though I am very tired, it is all so worth it!

What is Bridal Market? Every season (twice a year) designers come out with new dress collections and they show at 'Bridal Market' which is a weekend devoted to buyers looking and buying dresses from designers for their stores. I was able to participate in this amazing weekend because of the lovely people at Avenia Bridal-located in Provo, Utah. They come to NYC every market and since I've been here they have taken me on as their intern-for a youthful perspective. Visit their website! http://www.aveniabridal.com/

Last weekend-Saturday
We had appointments with Sposa, Lis Simon, Angelina Couture, Rina diMontella, Pattis, and other designers we met with briefly. We also had the Rivini and Priscilla of Boston Runway shows. The day was packed full of beautiful dresses, morning to night I was constantly inspired. It was also my halloween.... free candy at every booth plus other goodies too. A few fun pictures..

Angelina Couture
Rivini
Priscilla of Boston

Sunday
After church we went to Kelly Chase Couture (she did the one-year program at FIT as well!) then we stopped by Tara Keely and Badgley Mischka, after seeing some other designers we went to the St. Pucchi Runway show (again...free food everywhere-love it). I had to miss the Junko Yoshioka Show because I went to a ward dinner at my Bishop's house and then had dance practice.

Badgley Mischka
St. Pucchi
Monday
We stopped in at MANY booths looking at dresses and refreshing our minds about what we've seen all weekend. It is so lovely to be surrounded my so many beautiful creations. Most importantly we stopped at my favorite designer, Rivini's, showroom for another runway show and some up close and personal time with the most exquisite dresses on earth.

Rivini

Tuesday
Appointment at Lian Carlo and Junko Yoshioka (two designers I also like very much!) In between we stopped at Victoria Nicole who handed out the cutest cookies ever (pictured below), we stopped at a lace store and that was the end of my Bridal weekend. 9 am Saturday morning straight until 4 pm Tuesday evening! Oh, how I LOVE wedding dresses!!!!!!!

Lian Carlo
Junko Yoshioka
Victoria Nicole-Cookie

The rest of the week....
-I worked 27 hours between Wed and Sat.
-My dance team had our homecoming performance on Thursday. It was a hip hop dance so I am not going to post the video.
-I worked out everyday but Friday! 
-The lovely Emily Carr visited the city yesterday and we visited Magnolia, naturally. 

-SCORPIO's had a birthday! Recap on your sign. (P.S. if this is your sign we get along well-Scorpio is Pisces perfect match)

OCTOBER 23-NOVEMBER 21-Keyword: Idealism.

You are imaginative, passionate and emotional, subtle, persistent, intense, obstinate, and unyielding. You DESIRE. You are strong-willed and flexible, you don't accept defeat. Nothing is worse for you than to feel swept away by outside forces. You try to find a deeper purpose in life. Moderation, restraint, and certainly casual are not in your emotional vocabulary.
Happy Birthday!

Coming up this week...
-Speech in class
-Project due in another class
-Between 28-33 scheduled hours at work
-Talk in church on Sunday
... it is going to be another busy week!

P.S. sorry this post is rather dry. I am just tired and need to get to sleep but knew if I didn't get this post done it would be on my mind forever and I wouldn't be able to get my homework done tomorrow, so this is all I got for tonight! again if you want to see the pictures bigger, just click on them and it will open them up in a window for you.

P.P.S. Happy 200th blog post to me!

P.P.P.S. The new J.Crew clothes for November are AMAZING! The catalog is gorgeous... just fyi

2 comments:

  1. Bree! How fun is your life! I want to go to a fashion show. And, I am inspired to do a re-wedding someday and have a dress as pretty as in all your pictures. Good luck on your talk! I get excited but incredibly nervous for those things. I'm sure you will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Avenia! sewing there was so much fun. I'm glad you help them buy. Smart ladies for hiring you!

    ReplyDelete