Sunday, October 31, 2010

current thoughts..

I have hit a slow spot in my life after a few weeks of straight busy... and it's not treating me well. I am bored, lazy, and have gotten off my healthy eating and working out routine.. not good! I have officially had WAY too much chocolate and sweets this week. Every single piece of candy/dessert I had in my apartment is gone now... and I still want more.. haha. I need to do better this week.
Goal- DON'T BE LAZY! workout everyday! and eat like I normally do

Shake Shack. 'Shroom Burger, skip the fries, and a vanilla concrete with Banana's is an EXCELLENT meal. Just FYI.

I am officially a JEWELER! Look what I made in class!
Before-straight rod of metal (yes it was simply a straight plain rectangular rod that I cut, shaped, carved, and polished.)
After-a beautiful bracelet!

Next we are making 2 rings!

NEWS! I got re-accepted to BYU for winter semester so I can finish up my Bachelors degree! Now all I have to do is sell my lease... any takers??? I already told BYU yes... so really I need to sell my lease.

It is funny how things in life are based on such a relative level. For instance, when it was September and we went from 100 degree weather to 75 everyone brought out their boots/sweaters/jeans/coats etc. BUT in October when we go from 50 degrees to 75 people pull out their tank tops and shorts. The same temperature brought out completely opposite clothes, all because of what it was relative to. It happens all the time, it is just interesting to me.

I officially HATE weekend subway transportation! Ugh. So I left class yesterday for work at 12:20 (work was at 1, I figured I'd get there around 12:45 latest, if I had to wait awhile for a train, which was good because I needed to eat my lunch) I get right on the train which is about a 8 minute ride to Columbus Circle but apparently the train was having difficulties... it decide to miss my stop and take me 2 stops PAST where I was suppose to get off where I could transfer to a different train to take me to my stop-which would have been fine since I was early- but.... I forgot to mention that rather than taking 8 minutes it took over 35 minutes before I was dropped off at the WRONG stop. By the time I got to work, a commute that should take 15 minutes took 1 hour. Seriously?!! Not okay. Not to mention I was stuck on a train with a homeless man who was cussing, so some other lady who said she used to be homeless was yelling at him to stop cussing and turn his life around like she did and blah blah blah. It was a LONG train ride.

It's amazing what funny little things the devil does to stand in your path of doing good. Like this morning... it was a chain of mini events that had the potential of really turning your mood around if you let it (I think the devil was particularly on my case because I was giving a talk in church..but that is just my speculation) As I was making my breakfast of champions (scrambled eggs and applesauce pumpkin whole wheat pancakes (which were a creation from a late night homework session earlier this week)and hot chocolate) instead of my usual cereal I discovered first that somehow my hot chocolate had become a solid block... I don't even understnad how that happened.. but it did so as I was reaching for a back up plan (packet of hot chocolate and packet of chocolate instant breakfast) a bag of spaghetti fell over all over my cupboard. As I was trying to clean out the mess and stuff was falling everywhere my container of my raw scrambled eggs fell over. Finally I got my dinner made and was eating when somehow my hair got dipped in hot chocolate and while I was trying to reprint my talk the printer ran out of ink. Luckily we had extra ink! otherwise I would have had to take my computer to the pulpit-just kidding I had another copy printed I could have used... but really, someone did that in my old ward... weird. BUT all things considered I made it! On time and ready to go! Thankfully!

I finally had a project due in one of my classes (nothing worth posting) where I actually had to stay up late and wake up early... even dropped my sleep down to 4 hours for the first time this semester (sad that 4 hours was my regular last year..) And with a pretty heavy work load at the beginning of the week I was tired. I get to class and the first thing I hear is "The project got postponed." WHAT??? are you serious?? And every single person BUT me knew about it. Since FIT runs on a block schedule most kids in my class have all of their classes together, but since I am not in a block this semester I didn't hear about it and the teacher didn't send out an email. Seriously??? At least it is done, but my goodness I was not too happy.

Let's see... I have a rather boring life. One day it'll get exciting again.. hopefully. Have you noticed that this month has been the month with the second lowest blog posts (and I've had this blog for 15 months)? Well it's true. All I do is work. and... sleep. And this week, be bored. I wish I was working more. I need to be busy or I might go CRAZY!!!!! I miss my friends and family.

I just have a few quick things to say about church and I think I am done for the day.... first being-I am SO sick of how informal our generation has become, in everything, but in talks especially. Let me ask... is it appropriate to say the word "sleazy" in a talk in sacrament meeting? It happens all the time here for some reason-apparently because we are in NYC people refer to regular habits such as drinking/smoking/sleeping around/etc so easily that it seems fine to talk about them from the pulpit but I don't know, it just seems like it drives the spirit out when we bring such worldly topics into our meetings. Obviously those things can and should be address but in an appropriate manner which isn't always the case in my YSA meetings. Anyways it just seems like we should follow the example of our prophets when giving a talk, they are always so formal and precise, but I feel like it has become so casual and... I don't really like it. Anyway... there's my two cents about it. I have felt this way for a while, almost every Sunday there is at least one talk like this and it really irritates me. I hope that isn't bad to say.... I'm not trying to be rude or anything, i guess maybe I was just born in the wrong era since the formality of the past has been drastically disappearing.

I just want to say congratulations Manhattan 8th ward, you definitely have the most uplifting and inspiring meetings! Seriously all 3 meetings are filled with SO much spiritual nourishment, I LOVE Sunday's because I leave each hour with a renewed desire to do better and with new knowledge and better understanding.

We also had a musical number (piano and flute) and WOW!!!! Seriously, it was the BEST most magical thing I have ever heard. I could have listened to them play ALL day. They played 'My Heavenly Father Loves Me' which is one of my favorite primary songs. Here are the lyrics!
Whenever I hear the song of a bird 
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face 
or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose 
or walk by a lilac tree,
I' glad that I live in this beautiful world 
Heavenly Father created for me.
He gave me my eyes that I might see 
the color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear 
the magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart: 
I thank him revernetly
For all his creations, of which I'm a part
Yes, I know Heavenly Fathers loves me.

One last thing... Happy Happy Birthday GRANDPA dear!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!


Oh, and Happy Halloween for all you who enjoy this holiday.. I just wish I was a kid again so I could have a big bag of FREE candy AND eat it all without feeling the least bit guilty. As for me I say, Happy November! Let the winter festive feelings start to kick in!

No comments:

Post a Comment