Sunday, March 13, 2011

mommy's DAY


This weekend was wonderfully full of great food and lovely times. It started on Friday when my 4:00 class got canceled so I was home early. I took some time to relax and then I got free Tucanos with my madre and padre at the UVU basketball game (my dad is legit and we score sweet meals and seats at all things UVU) It was DELICIOUS and the game was really intense and good as well. My mom and I ended the night with a card game-baseball/(golf).

Saturday (mommy's birthday) I woke up at 7:50 and rushed to get to my accounting review that I thought started at 8......... I was freaking out until I remembered it actually started at 9. Awesome. BUT my mom and I got another game of baseball in and then I sat through my review for 4 hours. My mom and Bain picked me up for lunch at Guru's. AMAZING. Sweet potato fries and bread pudding to DIE FOR. YUM yum YUM. While my mom was out with Bainy at the Temple my dad and I planned a few surprises for the lovely lady. We set off to buy a nice pair of shoes that she mentioned liking in the Nordstrom catalog then we stopped at Zurchers for some party decor. We then made our way to Magleby's for the best chocolate cake in the universe and then to Day's for black licorice caramel which is divine. Dad and I cleaned up the kitchen and set up for mom's big surprise. When she entered we all sang happy birthday!

After, we watched the sad BYU game and then went to the Pizza Factory. It was so filling-I think I was still full from Guru's-but the salad bar was just like Brick Oven's (which is my favorite) and the pizza, pasta, and bread-sticks were heavenly. (It also helps that we had 2 gift cards so the balance was $1.47 (or something close to that) SWEET). We came home to cake and a game of nickle nickle. It was a lovely day. 

Sunday dinner was held at Emily's apartment. She made Katie and me Chicken Parmesan and gnocchi. (Yes, she is amazing) and it was just that, AMAZING. GREAT company and GREAT food. We had some GREAT conversations over blond brownies, chocolate cinnamon raisin peanut butter brownies, hot chocolate with dark chocolate pieces, and mango heavenly deliciousness licorice (our NYC favorite that was found by Emily in Park City! -literally the best thing that's ever happened to Utah). It was such a fun weekend...

TOO bad I didn't take enough pictures and I didn't do any homework.

Hello Accounting test, New Testament test, Slavery book report, etc........ Hopefully this week flies by fast without me getting too stressed out. And hopefully the next 2 months fly by!

Oh I also rearranged my room which is always a nice change.AND I just want to say that Bain is a freaking baller, and that's was up...and just for fun. (Bain's new favorite video-it's great!)-Harvard Sailing Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment