Tuesday, September 27, 2011

breakdown #1 of Fall semester.

Well friends...
I had my first breakdown of the semester this past weekend..
Yes. Tears and all...
The feeling of "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE" was extreme.
I had slept 4 hours then spent from 8:30am-1:30pm in the library on Saturday, went to work, then returned to the library again from 6-11pm...
I then proceeded to do homework in my available free time on Sunday (I HATE doing homework on Sunday-my body doesn't function normally on my "rest" day)
and then I continued to Monday planning to wake up at 4am to do homework...missing my 2 alarms and having my mom wake me up at 7:20.... I cried again, threw a hat on and was in Physical Science by 7:55am....and I left the library at 11pm.
Today is just another long day.. 5:30am-6:40pm at school, 7-8:15 MASSAGE!!!!!!! thank heavens!, 8:30pm-midnight library.
And guess what..... there are still not enough hours for me to get every single assignment/reading/studying etc. done that I need to do.
Don't ask me how that's possible...
but it is.
You can see I don't slack off.
So..
I'm learning that I really need to figure out my class priorities and pick and choose what I am able to accomplish (whether that means missing a few reading assignments or not studying as much as I would like for an exam).
There is simply not enough time.

SO... breakdown I did.
Tootsie rolls and my best friend made it better...
BUT... things are still kind of crazy.

Physical Science Exam went alright
Stats Exam went good
and Human Development I take tomorrow... still haven't studied much for it
blah.

aright well.. since I am feeling down-I thought it'd be good to write down a few things I am MOST thankful for currently...
  • Taylor
  • my mom
  • education- even though it is HARD at times
  • my talents/gifts
  • my motivation and dedication
  • my job
  • french fries and chocolate
  • study guides provided by teachers! helpful. 
  • the weather... (GET COLDER PLEASE!!!)
  • Gavin DeGraw and Taylor Swift (new CD and CONCERT TOMORROW!)
  • J.Crew's new catalog!
  • Amber. My massage therapist. 
and that's all for now.

Oh.. and I got a new calling in my singles ward.
Career and Education Committee Co-Chair.
I don't even really know what that means.

Okay well I need to start paying attention in my class now...
PEACE.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bree-I just wanted to let you know I totally understand and that it will all work out. When Jared and I were dating/engaged I was taking between 21-22 credits/semester. I was also planning our wedding and teaching an ESL class twice/week. To top it off, I was at BYU-Idaho and Jared was at BYU-so we only saw each other on weekends (=I hardly did homework on the weekends).
    Things that helped me make it through:
    Take breaks for yourself...and take them before you get to the 'too overwhelmed' stage.
    Don't do homework on Sundays. Elder Bednar was President of BYU-I while I was there and he made a promise to the students that life would be a whole lot better if didn't do homework on Sundays. It's true. Sunday evenings when I desperately needed to be doing homework...I went to bed instead and woke up at midnight. Somehow I got it done.
    Don't sweat the small stuff...it really is okay not to do the small things. Just prioritize and make it as far down your list as you can, then smile and say "I did what I could."
    You will make it!

    ReplyDelete