Wednesday, February 1, 2012

a weeks worth of ideas-thoughts-etc..

Well I have a little time to catch up.. I finished my exam earlier than I thought I would (MCOM 320 grammar exam, got a 79% woohoo!! It was a rough test, so I am proud) and am home in sweats in my bed before 10 p.m. I cannot honestly remember the last time I've been able to do that. Good thing too because I am so exhausted and it is only Monday... Tonight's plan, bed by 11 (got to make this a fast post), wake up at 7.. finally 8 hours of sleep!!!

This will be a random post of recent thoughts and activities...

Gorgeous picture of the Manhattan Temple, now my background on my computer. LOVE it!!


I love church.
-"Scriptures are intended to be a help-it's not an assignment, it's an opportunity to receive help each day."
-"Your mind is powerful-your belief has huge physical power and affect on your body. Your attitude is powerful. Believe in yourself, believe in your spirituality. Let yourself believe you can."
-"Pray like everything depends on Heavenly Father-work like everything depends on you."
-"You have to prepare to be changeable."
-"If we do good things-good things are returned to us."
-"God is amazing, He so greatly knows our needs."

I got my first..."How are you? You look tired." Crap.. it was a Sunday, I slept in...and it's only the 3rd week of school. ouch. haha.

But I also got my first, "Wow, you're happy!" -From Bain tonight haha, I'll take what I can get.

Here are some outfits from the past week..

Outfit 1 (Saturday/Work)
All J.Crew
Necklace: Street in NYC 

Outfit 2 (School)
 Vest/Pants: J.Crew
Sweater: Gap
Boots: Steve Madden (Nordstrom)
Earrings: Nordstrom 

Outfit 3 (Church)
Sweater/Tights/Bracelets: J.Crew
Skirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: Target
Earrings: Nordstrom 

Bain had to take some pictures for her photography class..


This weekend was fun-I've started hanging out with Talyn and her friends, they are super fun. I am waiting on the best picture ever!! haha-hopefully I'll get it soon. You'll see why it's awesome... as soon as I post it. We tried to play miniature golf but it was really busy so we went to Talyn's house and made cookies and watched a movie. (Last weekend, which I have pictures from, we went ice skating (no pictures) on Friday, then on Saturday we went to the BYU men's Volleyball game then played poker.. (Talyn won, I came in second! Holla!! (granted I did have quite a bit of help.. I've never played before haha))

Colby, Talyn, Corey, Cory, Adrian, and me

On Saturday I took Taylor out for his Birthday Breakfast at Magleby's-yummy!! YAYAY Happy TWENTY-SECOND Birthday Tay!!!!!! (here is his lovely (if I do say so myself) birthday present)



Then we went to the library to study.... Later I had work, then I met up with Emily for dinner and dessert (I highly recommend the Sweet Tooth Fairy's red velvet cup-shake and their salted caramel cake bites-HEAVENLY!!!)


Well it is now 10:50pm, I need to go to bed-I'll hopefully finish this tomorrow..

Now is it 4:20 on Tuesday. I just finished an assignment and don't want to start on my next one when I have to leave in 20 minutes to head to my next class... even though I should start it........ I will write a little more instead. 

A smart friend was talking to me about my future, what my plans are.. I guess I've always wanted to do so many things with life but I've never set anything in stone (probably because I always expected to get married before I graduate college (in 2 years (I'll be 24 years old)) and by then... I kind of have to follow my husband around and figure it out then depending on where I end up).. Well.. enough of that-I'll make my plan anyway and then adjust if I need to. So... here it is

1) While finishing up at BYU-build my portfolio by sketching, sewing, designing, and making custom dresses. Look for internship with J.Crew for possibly next summer...get married (I REALLY don't want to move back to NYC single... eh.. I saw way too many sad lonely single adults and I DON'T want to be one of them)

2) Once graduated, move to NYC, get a job at J.Crew-in their design department (or anything corporate to work my way up)-make contacts, understand the industry better, gain experience...

3) After a few years (have little children) - possibly stop working at J.Crew (unless I take Tom Mora's place as wedding designer or I'm the new Jenna Lyons! ha) so I can be at home with the kiddos.. Start my own wedding dress line (have enough $ to hire people to do the hard stuff..haha I'll just design at home, pick fabrics, and enjoy life! (...super unrealistic but that would be ideal...)

4) Once I have had enough of that I can move on to wedding designing. By then I will have a big name, expereince, and clients...I can chose when I work and how often I work

5) Retire and travel the world with my husband and (grown) children

It is SUPER important to me to be at home with the kids though... That is something I have always been grateful for. I don't want a Nanny, I want my kids to know their parents...so.. this will only be my plan if it is possible to be home as much as possible so I can raise and be a mother to my children.

And that is my plan.

I read an AMAZING talk recently. Like AMAZING. It is short and absolutely wonderful! PLEASE read.

It Is Better to Look Up-Carl B. Cook

Now it is Wednesday at 10:00am. I got 5 hours of sleep last night... It stinks when you are up late doing homework that is due...especially when there was no time to do it earlier-it's not like you procrastinated... there is just way too much to do. WAY TOO MUCH this semester. I am so overwhelmed. I had my first minor breakdown of "crap, there is just NOT enough time for me to get everything done and STILL sleep." But I'll survive. Somehow I always do. I normally take the Jazz 331 class right now but instead I am using this time to catch up on personal things before my long day starts.

So..here are some of my favorite quotes from the talk mentioned above-they'll help lighten the mood and make me remember how important it is to take time everyday, no matter HOW busy or stressed I am, to remember God, to study His words and pray to Him. He helps!

-“Believe in God; believe that he is … ; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth.”


-Rely on the Lord for strength

-"...exercise our faith and look to God for help, we will not be overwhelmed with the burdens of life. We will not feel incapable of doing what we are called to do or need to do. We will be strengthened, and our lives will be filled with peace and joy. We will come to realize that most of what we worry about is not of eternal significance—and if it is, the Lord will help us. But we must have the faith to look up and the courage to follow His direction."

-"As we remember Him and trust in His power, we receive strength through His Atonement. It is the means whereby we can be relieved of our anxieties, our burdens, and our suffering. It is the means whereby we can be forgiven and healed from the pain of our sins. It is the means whereby we can receive the faith and strength to endure all things."



-"We must look up and step up. And as we do, I know we will cheer up, for God wants us to be happy."

-"We are Heavenly Father’s children. He wants to be a part of our lives, to bless us, and to help us. He will heal our wounds, dry our tears, and help us along our path to return to His presence. As we look to Him, He will lead us."


And a scripture from Mosiah. Be thankful. Chapter 2:20-21

 20 I say unto you, my brethren, that if you should render all the thanks and praise which your whole soul has power to possess, to that God who has created you, and has kept and preserved you, and has caused that ye should rejoice, and has granted that ye should live in peace one with another—
 21 I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.



Seth and Jenn came into town on Sunday!! Yay! They are here for a whole week. I don't think I'll get to see them much but it is nice that they are here!

and there it is... the long post. Completed Wednesday at 10:30am

No comments:

Post a Comment