Sunday, August 30, 2009

Perfect SUNDAY

I love serendipitous moments, and today I had 2. It was all about being at the right place at the right time. As I was walking down the street that my church is on I met a man in a suit. Sure enough after I chat with him about going to church, where I am from and what I am doing in the city I took a closer look at his jacket, the mission badge that i noticed took on a greater meaning, his name was president smith and he is the president of the New York New York North Mission, yes that is Taylor's mission, as well as Gavin's. CRAZY!!!! I wanted to say something about them to him...but i didn't. It was enough just to meet him and have that connection.

I LOVE CHURCH HERE! Everyone is so so so so so so so friendly! I have already met some amazing people who are so kind and willing to help! The talks and lessons so far have also been great and it is so fun because investigators come frequently! If you ever have trouble focusing in church take notes! It really helps so much! And you are left with amazing truths that you can refer to throughout the week. This week the talks were on missionary work. WE are the Pearl of Great Price, we need to realize what we have a share it. We need to be excited about missionary work and the gospel!

There are 3 girls from FIT that are LDS. One lives in my dorm and she is a new convert so we decided to take her to gospel essentials class instead of gospel doctrine. While there we had to introduce ourselves and afterward a missionary in my ward told me he knew......ELDER WILKINS!!!!! I about died with excitement. I guess he had served with Taylor, not his companion cause this guy is English speaking, but they were in the same apartment building. His name is elder williams and he was just transferred to my ward. WHen tay found out elder williams was going more downtown i guess he told him to look for a bree woolstenhulme. and elder williams found me! Ah so awesome! i am so happy that i was able to meet 2 people who know and love taylor! It was such a fun day! I only met elder williams because of my friend who is a new convert. because of her I was prompted that we should go to gospel essentials, and because of my other friend katie, who introduced herself before me and said both her first and last name, i decided to say my last name too, and because of that elder williams recognized the name and found me. Taylor has only been out 2 months in NYC and he already happened to know someone who found me! So crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment