Monday, April 23, 2012

It's finally summer break!

Alright friends..

Now that I have sufficiently slept (about 7 hours on and off on Sunday - and 7 hours last night) I feel like I am ready to get back to business. 

I finished finals on Thursday, it was the hardest semester of my life. Two 300 level classes (Finance and Business Writing) along with Econ (plus Art History 201 and LDS Marriage and Family) made it very tough. But it is over and I did the best I could - I learned a lot and did my best and that is all that matters!! I also had the opportunity to teach 3 jazz classes and meet so many amazing dancers. I spent my days in the library with Taylor and quite honestly, it was so much fun! This semester was hard and challenging but so good. I am so blessed to be at BYU, to be able to teach, and to spend my days laughing, talking, studying, and learning with my best friend.

On Friday the semester wasn't quite over... I went to Amber @ Remedez for my usual monthly massage (only I went for 90 instead of 60 minutes) then went to help Taylor who had 25 pages of finals left to do by midnight.

Saturday I worked for 7 hours, went to Colton's homecoming party (Colton is one of Taylor's best friends who just returned from his mission), then finally saw The Vow. I really liked it!

When Sunday rolled around I realized how tired I really was from finals (I hadn't really taken a break yet), so after Colton's talk I went home and tried to be productive but wound up sleeping pretty much all day long! It was SO nice.

Now I am back to work. I made my summer to-do list, worked out, and started my first sewing project. Thank goodness this blog is going to be more fashion/sewing related this summer (and not so much boring school stuff).

This summer I will be working at Avenia a lot, sewing a lot, working-out a lot, sketching/designing a lot, missing Taylor a lot, helping plan weddings a lot, reading a lot, teaching dance (2 classes in Summer semester) a lot, and enjoying the summer break a lot.

I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment