Thursday, September 13, 2012

black + black

It's been a while since an outfit post. Since I work pretty much everyday so I am usually dressing up, I will try to be better at taking pictures.

Today I put black with black. Sometimes it is hard to get this sleek look because different black pieces are slightly different shades and don't work well together. Well, I found the perfect shirt for black on black. This lace shirt from J.Crew has a couple different shades of black in it already due to it's different fabrics so the underlayer matched perfectly with my pixie pants (J.Crew) and the overlay of lace provided a subtle contrast. I kept my shoes simple and black as well - with a pop of snake skin on the heel (not pictured well). I chose to forgo fun statement jewelry and stick to my basics for a simple chic work look. My work bag also went nicely with my outfit. Sometimes simple and black is the way to go!


shirt: J.Crew, pants: J.Crew, shoes: Nordstrom, watch: Michael Kors, bag: Gap, earrings: Banana Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment