Thursday, September 6, 2012

off to Arizona..

Taylor and I headed down to Arizona on Tuesday to move Taylor into his new apartment for his 3 month internship. It'll be such a wonderful opportunity for him and I am so proud of him and his dedication. It is with an investment bank, which is the profession that he wants to go into so it is perfect. He has loved his first two days.

It was a quick trip. We drove over 10 hours on Tuesday, got there around midnight. Taylor started his internship on Wednesday bright and early. Then I flew home early this morning so Taylor could get to work on time.


cute Taylor at his new internship

 

On Wednesday night Taylor surprised me.

With a promise ring.

This ring has been passed down for generations in his family and I am the lucky girl who Taylor was able to pass it to. It is a green Jade stone and it is the perfect stone for me. When Taylor gave me the ring it was wrapped up in wrapping paper with a big bow and he read to me what a green jade means.

Jade:
Known as the good luck and prosperity charm, it helps the wearer sense the truth in all situations. It also helps one remember their dreams and helps bring dreams into reality..

Green:
Green is the color of healing and hope. It encourages self-realization and helps us recognize ourselves as spiritual beings. It brings confidence, assists in self assurance, self reliance, and self sufficiency. It is the love stone - given by lovers as a statement of their love and devotion to each other.

Green Jade:
Thought to be calming to the nervous system. It is thought to represent life and growth and to assist one in finding their hearts true desire. It is associated with the heart chakra and is thought to make it easier for the wearer to express love.


He is perfect.

So I'll say it for the first time on this personal blog of mine.
I love Taylor Wilkins.
We shared our first "I love you's" 2,538 days ago and now I am finally saying it publicly. And I'm pretty sure I loved him almost every single one of those days (it was high school - so we did have our off moments). Now, he's promised to me forever. I am so lucky and so grateful.

Okay - I hate being so public about my emotions - so that's all..BUT I'd be ungrateful if I didn't express my happiness.

So he will be spending the next three months working on his "bread-winner" skills (becoming proficient in investment banking, improving his resume, studying for important tests, and working hard) and I'll be working on my "house-wife" skills (sewing (my wedding dress), cooking (collecting recipes and making menu's with  my mom), working my part-time job at Avenia (to make money to help get us through school, bills, and internships),  developing my portfolio (to get a job/internship when we move out to NYC every summer and when we graduate), oh...and planning a wedding (publicly-now that I can finally say it in the open since it's more official).

I have so much to do, hopefully time will fly by and Taylor will be home before I know it. We already have a couple weekend trips planned so I will see him more than in the summer when he was gone in Dallas (at least that is what we are hoping for). Life is moving forward and it is so exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Yay I am so happy for you both. You are truly the cutest couple. Oh and I just love your blog Bree thanks for all the uplifting things you write :)

    ReplyDelete