Sunday, December 6, 2009

CHRISTmas

ah christmas season, there is nothing better. Between all my sewing this week (by the way I finished machine sewing everything for my final dress project, I just have hand sewing left, and it's not due until FRIDAY, I feel so on top of things) I enjoyed some wonderful christmas experiences!


Yesterday... SNOW!!!! BIG HUGE WET snowflakes, it was the most BEAUTIFUL thing EVER! I was just sewing, it is like 4 in the afternoon, I look up, the sky is darker and there are huge white flakes falling and it was just perfect. BY the way i swear it was just christmas... honestly if feels like yesterday that I was sewing my special sweats for my dear friends (sorry all, no presents from me this year, but if you would like to donate to my fabric fund that would be great!! haha I am so just kidding, I need nothing but prayers and love). I also just found the picture of my last Christmas, my dear friends Brandon (Santa) and Joey (elf) surprised me at my doorstep, Joey did jump out of Santa's bag of course with presents for me! haha I love them. and yes, onesies are a must for Christmas!


I went to a stake Christmas song program last night with spiritual and secular Christmas songs which completely got me in the mood for Christmas! It was great, I love good Christmas songs!!! That is all my ipod is set on these days, LOVE IT! oh it makes me want home "I'll be home for Christmas!" and not only in my dreams!!! Christmas at home..... the smells, the candles in the window (which I hope you did again this year mommy), the red and white lights, the Santa tree, the winter tree with candy canes, the barbie tree, the sports tree, all the decorations, the Santa mantle, the nativities, the food, the cookies, the games, the stockings, the mistletoe.... haha i have actually never even had a mistletoe to stand under........ maybe this year?... probably not. anyways.....

Sledding, snow angels, snowmen, snowball fights.... in central park, hopefully if the snow sticks... if not, UTAH BABY! then hot chocolate (my all time FAVORITE drink) and hot tub/sauna... I love winter! COOKIES that is another great part about Christmas, I had free cookies for dinner yesterday and lunch today, healthy I know.... oh well I never pass up free food, i could have just had 1 yes.... but instead I had 3... each day... oh Christmas! by the way mom, I am so excited for the sugar rolled in sugar cookies pressed as Christmas trees, and Santa! AND home made caramel, I started the tradition last year and it is continuing.... so YUMMY!!!!!!!! don't worry, I am also working out EVERYDAY that I am home, so it's all good!

Today I walked out of my dorm and it just felt like Christmas. It was FREEZING!!!!! I am bundled up, with my Christmas music (breath of heaven) on my ipod, off to the Christmas devotional, which by the way was INCREDIBLE. I love our 1st presidency, they are so great. President Monson is just so sweet, they all are! If you didn't get a chance to hear his story tonight on the broadcast I would recommend finding it cause it was a PERFECT Christmas story, one of those that makes you cry and hope that you will one day be that good.

President Uchtdorf: One sees clearly ONLY with the heart. Notice the plain and simple beauties RIGHT in front of your eyes, the Savior! It is so easy to be distracted with the shiny and bright beauties of the season but remember that Christ is the reason for the season, that He is worthy of being noticed. Recognize Him, see Him in your life EVERYDAY. He is really literally here for us, DAILY! Don't get caught up in the details of running your life, don't only pay lip service to Christ and let your hearts be far from Him. Don't miss the transforming qualities of the spirit, of the season. Reflect on Christ's life, He was sent to us at this season, reflect on our blessings. UN-CLUTTER our lives a little bit, and find Christ.

President Eyring: Christ chose to be our Savior, and we knew it, we knew we would need Him to redeem us, to help us return to our loving Heavenly Father. He came here for all of us, He is the message of LOVE. Christ was born to save us, REJOICE! Wonderful, Counselor, All Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. In Christ comes EVERY GOOD THING. ALL good things come directly from Christ. Forget ourselves and lighten the load of others, feel His love, His approval, feel His thanks. Choose to take His hand. He loves us perfectly.

President Monson: Find the REAL joy in the season, show the love and compassion inspired by the Lord. Focus on others, enjoy the season, let goodness prevail in our hearts. Spend time bringing the true spirit of Christmas in the lives of others. What Spirit do we feel this season? The SPirit of CHRIST, CHRISTmas. Walk in His footsteps, celebrate His life, He lives, and continues to be the light of the world!

So pretty much it was a perfect weekend. My Christmas season will be complete when I have my perfect snow day, when I am home, and when I go ICE SKATING AT ROCKEFELLER CENTER and SEE THE CHRISTMAS TREE next week for FHE!

now I am listening to Christmas music, as always... a few favorites...

all i want for christmas is you
breath of heaven
christmas shoes
the first noel
i'll be home for christmas
let it snow
mary, did you know
o come all ye faithful
o holy night
pine cones and holly berries
the prayer
where are you christmas?
white christmas

... on my bed, in my sweats, eating popcorn and drinking hot chocolate....practically perfect, it would only be better if i was by a fire, while either reading a good book/playing games/ or watching elf in the arms of a loved one...... haha I can dream right?!....it can't always be completely perfect. PRACTICALLY perfect is good enough for me!





Now... off to work again!
MERRY early CHRISTMAS
P.S I want to give a shot out to 'Stephen's' brand of hot chocolate and cider, you are my salvation and love, and to my mom who lovingly sent me my favorite flavors

No comments:

Post a Comment