Sunday, April 10, 2011

discoveries

My Uncle Jim and his family were in town this past week skiing for spring break. Jim is my mom's only sibling and this is the first time we have been able to meet up with each other for quite a while (a few years actually). It was a blast, we discovered we really all meshed so well together and had a great time. My grandparents also came into town so they could be with both their children and all their grand kids (minus Seth who couldn't make it down from Idaho).
The Skiers
such a lovely picture...
We also discovered an amazing restaurant, Molly's, located in Provo by DI. It is actually a catering company and they serve lunch from 11-2 on weekdays. The bread pudding is TO DIE FOR! The tomato basil pie is wonderful too!
Another discovery that I made this weekend was that Trafalga is SO FUN. My friend Alex and I went and he had a sweet hook up where we could use as many tokens as we wanted...for free. I felt like a little kid again, like I was back at Chuck E. Cheese haha. I can't say I dominated at every game... but it was still such a good time. A few things made the night more interesting, like when I got asked if I had kids............. haha do I look old enough to have kids??? Apparently to a 7 year old kid I do. HA! All in all I recommend Trafalga, we went to the one in Lehi and it was awesome.

Working 10-6:30 is AWESOME. I love my job!! It makes me happy. After work on Saturday I went to my sister's Year End Dance Concert. She is amazing! and I love her. Brick Oven is the tradition that follows the TDC YEC so naturally that is where we ended the evening. BEST salad bar ever. LITERALLY. SO yummy. The Brown Cow (root-beer freeze) is also very delicious. It has sure been a lovely week of food. 
 

Today was an adventure, quite a few laughs which always makes for a lovely Sunday. Talyn and Haley picked me up for the "Historic Event" of Orem Utah. Today the young single adults stakes/wards were reorganized. Talyn is staying at her sister's house for the summer so she is now in the Orem Utah YSA (young single adult) 1st stake, my house places me in the 2nd stake. There are a total of 3 stakes and about 30 wards. I have actually never been to a YSA event in Utah before... I usually steer clear of young men on the prowl with marriage on their mind because when there is a YSA event/meeting/conference the only subject that is addressed is marriage. I think it is hilarious...necessary but amusing. I discovered I enjoy YSA events in Utah.... just for the fact that they are entertaining and all everyone is doing the whole time is checking other people out, which I think is awesome haha and there are always interesting conversations to listen to or be a part of. A few of our favorite quotes...(some are inside jokes... )
-"It is a miracle she is up here today." 
-"I didn't want to date her......."
-"Those of you returned missionaries, if you haven't been on a date in 2 weeks, then you are flat out wicked."
-"Multiply and replenish the Earth with enthusiasm!"
-"Be less and less single."
-"Date Faster!"

One more discovery for the week was my new celebrity love... He is a golfer and his name is Adam Scott. He is Australian....

and he is wearing Burberry

No comments:

Post a Comment