Friday, April 29, 2011

new york city.

Leading up to my trip I...
  • ran errands with my mom and went to Sammy's for a pie milk shake and sweet potato fries
  • went to Les Miserables @ Orem High School with my family and it was actually very good!
  • had movie night with miss Talyn and her daddy. We watched Tron. 
  • 90 minute massage/therapy session (I'll post more later on how AMBER from REMEDEZ is a miracle worker-she is AMAZING-go to her!)
  • visited my lovely girl Kenzie (Elder Jones departed for his 2 year mission on Wednesday)
  • shared Cold Stone with Bain and my mom (sweet cream ice cream with oreos and graham cracker/pistachio pudding ice cream with graham cracker (it was AMAZING. I make a mean pistachio pudding pie so I was very excited for this new flavor))
  • PACK.... I HATE PACKING!
  • Katie Agle visited me and brought our NYC favorites-mango licorice and a carmelita bar!
  • helped Alex pick out a b-day card for his brother, then went to his soccer game
  • errands again with mom: Bed Bath and Beyond (small toiletries), Deseret Book (whole wheat ROLLS! perfection!), Avenia Bridal, Banana Republic (did a  little shopping..... I haven't spent money in about 4 months so, today was the day (my purchases are incredible! and everything was 40% off!)  AND miss Katie was shopping there too! (it is where she works)), Target (some extra NYC needs that BBandB didn't have), Debbie's house (to say bye and good luck before we both head off to NYC-me to dance, and them to pick up ELDER WILKINS!)
  • finalize packing
  • my dear Megan stopped by (her Elder gets home May 20th)
  • TALLY WALLY graced me with her presence (she leaves next week on her graduation cruise!)
Around 9pm on Thursday I left for the airport.
 (I need a new camera. The settings are horrible and everything is always blurry...)
GAP: scarf, socks
URBAN OUTFITTERS: gray v-neck and pants
BANANA REPUBLIC: new! earrings, cardigan and coat
SPERRY TOPSIDERS: shoes
(no j.crew?!-weird. That NEVER happens)

Lovely red eyes.... NOT my favorite things in the world... AT ALL. I don't mind the whole flying part (this flight did have a bit of bumpy turbulence so since I'm addicted to LOST I did ponder about what would happen if we crashed.... only it wouldn't have been somewhere cool like an island, and there was certainly no Jack Shepard on board) I just hate how uncomfortable they are. I can't sleep a wink no matter how tired I am. I was to the point that I was bored with my ipod and was so excited when we landed. I did watch the royal wedding guests arrive (we landed before the bride walked the aisle) and oh my! these ladies were so elegantly, modestly, fashionably, beautifuly, perfectly dressed. They had so much taste! Their hats were INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! AH I want to live there, I want to wear those clothes, I want to wear huge amazing hats! It was a sight to see. I also was able to get most of my dance choreographed, which is what I needed to do on the plane so that was wonderful.

to see photos of Kate's dress and the wedding guests with their hats click HERE

I LOVE MY DADDY! We said bye on Monday night because he was out of town until Thursday night when I had to leave. I got through security very quickly and easily and when I was approaching my gate I saw none other than my dad waiting for me!!! His flight came in around 8 and he came to my gate to wait for me. Such a surprise, so cute!

I landed around 5:45- got my luggage, got a taxi, and made it to my friend's (and FIT dance team coach) apartment around 7. She left for work and I slept until almost noon, and then fell asleep a few more times until I found the internet code so I could blog. 

I will try to take MANY pictures this trip. I am so excited to be back in the city with all my friends!! It is going to be a great vacation! NYC until May 17th!

No comments:

Post a Comment