Thursday, July 14, 2011

FASHION. I love it!

Avenia Bridal formed a new partnership with the company Beckett & Robb. I am SO excited about it because....
Beckett & Robb is AMAZING!!!! 
They create custom suits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Thank you, for bringing European fashion to Utah! EVERY guy should own a custom suit, they are a work of art. 

Beckett & Robb. Beautiful.


Notice the DIFFERENCE??!!!!


PLEASE visit the blog post I did about them at Avenia's blog, there is a LOT more detail and pictures!! That post will link you to their website. Also, "Like" Avenia Bridal Boutique & Design Studio on facebook to stay updated on all the new blog posts!!!!


New topic.
Remember how I said I am making Katie's wedding dress?? Well, I started cutting and sewing today!!! Since it is my first wedding dress I am going to post the process on here.. I think it'll be fun! 

A couple weeks ago Katie came to me with two inspiration photos and I combined them into a sketch...



Luckily my mom was in NYC during this process so she got swatches of some fabrics for me at Mood and B&J. After discussing fabrics and other design details with Katie the design has changed a bit... The silhouette is still the same but the colors and fabric is different than the original inspiration. I haven't sketched up a new picture yet... but I LOVE the new design! 

Today I found my slopers (general patterns) from FIT and broke out the skills I haven't used since I graduated over a year ago... I forgot how much I LOVE designing and sewing!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited to get back into it! My mind is just overflowing with ideas now of things I want to make!!!




After cutting out my muslin I set my dress form to Katie's measurements so I could create darts/princess lines that will hopefully be close to what Katie will need. Later tonight she is coming over so I can fit the muslin right to her body-so it can fit perfectly. I have never fit a real body before so... hopefully I do a good job because fit is EVERYTHING!!! 



I only fit one side of the muslin, I then traced the lines to the other side that way the fit is symmetrical-this will change once it's on the body since bodies aren't symmentrical but it is good to start with a basic symmetrical fit. Once Katie's comes I will re-pin the areas that don't fit like the dress form and therefore rather than having the bodice fit a "perfect" form-it will fit Katie's perfect form!

dress form-basic fit
I am getting my fabric from a supplier in LA and from B&J in NYC. Hopefully I will have that ordered so that it can be here at my house when I return from Lake Powell! (I will save the surprise of the new design and fabric for another day)
 

Remember this skirt??

When I saw it I fell in LOVE- for some reason it looked so familiar to me, I loved the fabric, and obviously the design is brilliant (neither of these pictures do it justice).....well today I found all my swatches from FIT and guess what???? I have a swatch of this SAME fabric that I must have gotten at Mood for some project!!!! Cool huh?


For FUN
Some of my favorite BHLDN wedding gowns.





and just because I LOVE J.Crew...
I am so ready for Fall clothes!!!
Check out their FALL LOOK BOOK!!!! AMAZING!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment