Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July weekend.

mood board I made for Avenia's blog

Saturday I started the day with Talyn and Haley at 7 peaks-laying out and soaking in the warm sun. It was wonderful. After met up with Katie to discuss wedding plans and have lunch. Kneaders-Turkey Cranberry Sunflower Salad-YUM. Then Tay and I did a little shopping before we went to Stadium of Fire. Taylor and his family invited me to go with them and it was a blast!! I haven't been for YEARS and it was a lot of fun. The entertainment was wonderful and the fireworks were AWESOME! 


I felt so proud to be an American. Though our country is not perfect and it is very flawed we still have it so good here! We have FREEDOM. As we were saying the pledge I found it beautiful that EVERYONE knows it. Old and young alike knew every word and were stating the pledge with pride.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America, 
and to the republic for which it stands, 
one nation under God,
indivisible, 
with liberty,
and justice for all."

and here... my favorite patriotic song



The lyrics of all our patriotic songs are of hope and courage. We fought for our rights and we stand united in this great land-one nation, under God.

another one of my favorites



Today I went to church and though sadly we didn't sing any of our patriotic hymns for some reason.... I still felt the Spirit so strong. God is with us, He loves this nation. I would love to share some spiritual insights I received today that can relate to our country as a whole or to us individually...

-The Lord didn't set us up to fail. We can handle whatever comes our way. Mosiah 24:14 "I will ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye ay stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I the Lord God, do visit my people in afflictions."

-The Lord is in charge-He leads and directs us.

-God knows us-He answers our prayers. He pays attention and knows what we need.

-FEAR. We all have it and we all must overcome it. Have courage! Put faith in the Lord because faith is the only thing that can overcome fear. Go forward with FAITH.  

-Heavenly Father is aware. His plan is perfect-He puts people and circumstances in our lives to help us grow. He only wants us to be happy.

-God will save us.

Today's lessons were all about hope, love, and faith. Fear not, love always, and go forward with faith. That is my prayer for all.

image from google

Have a wonderful holiday!!! Full of BBQ's, ice cream, swimming, smiles, and loved ones.

image from google

No comments:

Post a Comment