Wednesday, January 11, 2012

...

Well... I don't really know where to start.

School is fine.
I love teaching my dancers.
It has been AMAZING taking class from Jen again.
and.... life has been a little difficult lately.

On the up-side, I am re-committing myself to my Savior
SO.. heads up, this blog may turn into my little inspiration/spiritual release for a little while.

Recently I read a talk "The Power of the Scripture" by Richard G. Scott, and it brought me much comfort. I have started reading the Book of Mormon daily, multiple times daily. The blessings are real. Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

" Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high. They can become the key to open the channel to communion with our Father in Heaven.."

"Scriptures can calm an agitated soul, giving peace, hope, and a restoration of confidence in one's ability to overcome the challenges of life. They have potent power to heal emotional challenges when there is faith in the Savior. They can accelerate physical healing."

"Trust in the Lord with all heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil..." (Proverbs 3:5-7, i believe)

I am also taking a Marriage and Family class here at BYU, cliche, I know...but you know me and love/weddings/marriage..etc. It's kind of my thing. If I could major in all things "Wedding" I would. Anyways, we are assigned many talks and I just read one by President Hinckley titled, "What God Hath Joined Together." There was an amazing story about a single mother who had 7 children all crying out for her one evening, she said:

"I remember looking through tears toward the sky, and I said, 'O my Father, I just can't do it tonight. I'm too tired. I can't face it. I can't go home and take care of all those children alone. Could I just come to You and stay with You for just one night? I'll come back in the morning. "

"I didn't really  hear the works of reply, but I heard them in my mind. The answer was, 'No, little one, you can't come to me now. You would never wish to come back. But I can come to you."

-AMAZING. For so many reasons. 1. If we saw Heaven, we'd never return here. It is amazing there and just remembering that is enough to recommit myself daily to live better and be better, to make it my NUMBER ONE priority to return there, to Heaven with my Heavenly Father. and 2. We just need to ask, God wants to come help, and he does!! He will come to us. THAT is simply a beautiful concept.

Well..that is my spiritual overload for the day. I hope that maybe it was what someone needed to hear-it sure helped me today.

God is on our side. 





1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. Thank you! Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete