Friday, January 20, 2012

a few things..

1. Sorry for the non existent outfit posts (I'm sure no one really cares, I don't take cute pictures or anything..) but here are the reasons they have been lacking
  • I lost all creativity in outfit picking lately-no desire to search through my clothes and mind for cute ideas 
  • I have to be to school at 7:30am.. for dance class 
  • It's too early to care or try to think
  • I just want to crawl back into bed so I go to the most comfy options I have
  • I am chronically freezing all the time so I choose the warmest clothes I can find and layer them all on (and I only wear boots-no bare feet/legs anywhere
  • I've lost a lot of weight lately (not on purpose) so I only have a few pairs of pants that fit (which limit my options to: white jeans, regular jeans (3 pairs-2 have patched holes in the crotch so I limit myself to wearing those only when necessary), and 2 legging-ish pants (my dark grey pixie pants and a light grey pair) and I get way too cold to wear skirts/dresses except for at church or maybe work....
  • So... I wish I picked out cute creative outfits like this... (gorgeous Rachel - Pink Peonies)
  •  But instead I go with the warmest and comfiest (is that a word?)... like this. 

Outfit 1:
Chambrey shirt, jacket, pants, boots: J.Crew/(Sperry Top-Sider)
Sequin sweatshirt: Target

Outfit 2:
Cashmere sweater, cardigan, earrings: J.Crew
Jeans: Hudson
Boots: Steve Madden

Outfit 3:
Shirt, cardigan: J.Crew
Jeans: Hudson
Boots: Sperry Top-Sider

my floor..notice the trend in colors.. haha
    2. This week I've been able to see many of my friends and spend time with people I love (which sadly doesn't happen much while I'm in school)
    • Monday night my dad, mom, Bain, her friend Liz, and I went to the UVU basketball game then went out for crepes
    • Wednesday I got to see an old friend from NYC who was in town recruiting BYU students for her job. We met at the BYU creamery (which I sadly haven't even been to as a student here. I got Butter Pecan ice cream and it was delicious.) It's amazing how connected you feel to people who may not be your closest friends but it feels that way due to similar experiences. It was SO fun to catch up! (it made me miss NYC, but it also reminded  me how grateful I am for the experience and opportunity I had to live there and meet so many amazing and influential people.)
    • Tonight I get to see my dear Talyn! A big group of her friends are going ice skating tonight and they invited me to join-I've never gone out with them before, it should be fun. Plus it will be great to spend time with Talyn! 
    • Tomorrow I get to hang out with my other besties Emily and Katie (we haven't all been together for about 3 months)-so it is a much needed and exciting reunion.
    3. School is getting overwhelming. I am here on campus from 7:30 to at least 9 or later every night. 2 tests next week...let the fun begin!

    4. My scripture theme for the year, 2 Nephi 31:20 "... ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope and love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 

    5. And something to always remember, 2 Nephi 32:3,5 "...feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do...enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.

    6. This week I have come to recognize the need for Heavenly Father in my life. I was talking to Taylor about how one week you can be so determined to fight off Satan-with such a desire to do good and be happy-then all the sudden drop so low and just want to disappear-like it's not worth it to fight anymore because Satan is too strong... He responded with an insight I hadn't considered before, he said that when we feel good it is God's pure love, He is there telling us that we are forgiven, that He is here for us to lift us up and help us fight off Satan...but after He shows that He is there, once we feel His love and comfort, He lets us try again on our own, so we can learn to fight Satan off.

    Taylor related it to a test, teachers help prepare you-they give you study guides and lectures to aid you but...you have to take the test alone, they won't be there giving you the answers. Which is what God is doing-He will give us the tools but ultimately we also have to learn to fight Satan off or we'll never win.

    After Taylor told me that, I came to my Heavenly Father and begged Him to come back because I wasn't strong enough yet-I still needed His help, His strength...the second my prayer was over I literally felt His arms back around me, supporting me. I know I'll need to do it on my own again, but with God's strength aiding me now, I know that next time I will be strong, probably not strong enough...but stronger.

    The bottom line is...we need God. The talk I referenced yesterday "You Matter to Him" President Uchtdorf reminds us "that man is nothing...always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness...man is nothing; yet we are EVERYTHING to God...you are not invisible to your Heavenly Father. He loves you." The other talk that I referenced yesterday "His Grace is Sufficient" also re-emphasizes this principle, that God makes up the difference.

    7. Some gorgeous pictures of my co-worker/model Ashley in one of our Avenia gowns!! Check out the full shoot here






    LOVE the scarf with the wedding dress! and her HAIR!




    1 comment:

    1. Whatever...I love all your outfits. They are legit outfits that I get ideas from that aren't all super expensive. but stuff I can take and get ideas from!

      ReplyDelete