Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fashion: Changing Seasons

The transition from summer to fall. I love being able to piece more summery looks with warmer pieces. Still having the option between heels/shoes and boots (once it gets cold I am boots all the way, pretty much everyday - I hate being cold). I haven't pulled out my boots yet but I did put away my summery dresses and swimsuits and brought out my warm sweaters, scarfs, and tights.

I also love the option of being dressy or casual at work. Usually earlier in the week I'm more casual because it is a little slower, but on the weekends I dress up.

Here are two work outfits, showing the transition into cooler weather. 

Dressy look:

 Sweater: J.Crew; Pants: J.Crew; Belt: J.Crew; Earrings: Banana Republic; Necklace: Francesca's; Shoes: Guess via Bloomingdale's (old 2007)

I picked two pieces that were fall fabric (wool pants and merino wool sweater) but kept it bright and fun with two statement colors. I chose a neutral necklace and matched my shoes with my pants so I wouldn't have too many colors going on.

I remembered this look from a few months ago and that is where my inspiration came from for pairing these colors together.


And for my casual look:

Shirt: Ann Taylor; Ruffle Vest: J.Crew; Scarf: gifted; Jeans: Anthropologie Level 99 (LOVE THEM); Shoes: Sperry Topsider via J.Crew

I love this shirt, it was such a good sale find! I love the mix of bright and neutral. I originally was planning on wearing the ruffle vest (no scarf) until I realized how cold I was and remembered that I tend to be cold at work.. I didn't want to find my boots so I picked Sperry's and a scarf to hopefully keep me a little warmer. 

*Why I post outfits*

#1: I have had the opportunity lately to meet with a few women and help them go through their closet and put new and fresh outfits together. It is easy to get stuck in the same routine of wearing the same clothes and it is easy to get sick of what you have...My hope is to provide inspiration and a different point of view on what can go together. Every person that I have helped so far didn't even need to really buy anything new, they just needed to piece clothes together differently - just in a new way to provide more variety. 

#2: I think it will be so fun for me and my future children to look at these pictures and the fashion and either laugh, or be inspired. Who knows? I SO wish there were more pictures of my mom when she was growing up! In every picture I have seen of her I have LOVED her style and outfits and I wish there was more. Hopefully my girls one day will love looking back at these silly outfit posts.

1 comment: