Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Priorities

I've been struggling trying to delegate my time between things I need to do.. the only problem is they are all high priorities and it is hard to decide which is most important.

Reading Scriptures
Fitness/Pilates/Yoga
Sleeping
Planning the Wedding
Sewing My Wedding Gown
Sketching for my Fashion Line
Working on my Fashion Design Portfolio
Making Money (aka Working)
Skyping with Taylor
Blogging

Blogging has made it to the end of the list....I have about 8 pending posts and hopefully someday they will get published.. My sketches are due this Saturday so that is pretty high priority but it makes me stressed because if I am doing that it means I am not working on my wedding dress. Basically all I can do is plan and schedule and hope that I can get everything done. My schedule goes something like this:

7:00 wake up and read scriptures
7:45 eat breakfast
8:00 work on wedding details/emails/blog (workout if I have work at 10)
9:15 (on days I don't work at 10) go to Yoga or Pilates
11:30 (until work) sketch/sew
(WORK)
7:00 (or whenever I get off work) sketch/sew
9:00 (on Tuesday/Thursday) skype with Taylor
10:30 get ready for bed
11:00 sleep

I just go go go and it is nice, it makes me not miss Taylor as much, and it makes me feel like I am in school.. And I am doing things I love all day so it is really good.

And now for a little health tip... to stay healthy I:

-For my immune system: Take The Wellness Formula supplements daily
-For my heart, soul, and mind: Take min-chex and 5-htp daily (natural supplements prescribed for my depression), I also write down 3 things daily that I am grateful for, why, and how they came about (prescribed by Jenn, my holistic health coach for stress, depression, and my stomach pains)
-For stress: Take Premier Adaptogen to revive my adrenal glands (natural supplement prescribed by John, my chiropractor because when I get stressed my adrenal glands get fatigued and I get sick and tired) 
-For everything in general: Monthly massage by Amber at Remedez (coming this Thursday)

I strongly believe that natural herbs and supplements along with great chiropractors, trusted energy and muscle testers, and therapists, are essential to good health. Because of them, along with yoga and pilates (my favorite form of working out), I stay sane and healthy. Find what makes you feel good about yourself and stick to it. Whether it is eating healthy, running, meditation, feeding your spirituality, hobbies, etc. Find it and let it help heal your mind and body.

Even though I have deadlines and so many stressful, huge, important events going on along with working 25-30 hours a week I still spend the first 3 hours of everyday feeding my soul and body what it needs. Spiritual nourishment, healthy breakfast, creative outlet, meditation and gratitude, and the exercise that brings me most satisfaction and relief.

I'm not saying everyone should take the supplements I take, or that they should follow my routine or love yoga and pilates - I'm saying do what you need to do to strengthen your body and mind. Do what makes you feel best. Spend the money to see a therapist/chiropractor/doctor/masseuse/personal trainer/etc. Spend the money to eat healthy and to feed your body what it needs. It is worth it. Don't be afraid to do what you need to do in order to best provide for yourself and for those around you. If I didn't spend the time and money on these things I would be a depressed/sad/angry/annoying/grouchy and no one would want to be around me. It is essential to take care of your body and your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment