Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sewing update

I FINALLY cleaned and organized my sewing room. Hallelujah! It is so nice to have a place to work. This space was meant to be my parent's sitting room attached to their bedroom but I kind of overtook it years ago since our craft room in the basement is overflowing with unfinished crafts and things. It works nicely for me, not sure how my dad likes it but... now at least it is clean! And the comfy chairs are still here so, it can still serve it's "sitting room" purpose.

Here is the room looking in (I just got my little clothing rack and I LOVE it, before there was never any place to store my designs and my work-in-progress pieces (which is probably why it didn't stay clean very long). I ordered a cover for the rack as well but I was too anxious and didn't want to wait to take pictures until I had the cover.

 My sewing desk and ironing board. I have my sewing machine (graduation present), serger (21st birthday present), and all my supplies. Under the table there are bins of fabric and our big pile of alterations that haven't been done yet.. 

 This desk holds our scrapbooking things (paper cutter, paper, glue, cricket, etc.) and currently my inspiration journals. The colored drawers hold supplies of all kinds; sewing, crafts, beads, jewelry, patterns, etc. And on top is all of my sketching paper, markers, and pencils.

 My work table (for sketching, scrapbooking, etc.) and the lovely leather "sitting room" chairs. The view out the widow is of the beautiful mountain, it's pretty nice. Under the table is all of my supplies for the headbands I used to make. Lots of chiffon flowers and ribbon. 


My new table. I LOVE IT! It is going to stay clean and ready for patterning and cutting out material. There was NEVER space for this before and since I got this table I have used it and patterned so much. I felt like I was back at FIT. It has been great! I have my dress form, pattern paper, more supplies, and many bins of fabric. (And cute pictures of my family to look at).

Up close of my supplies bins, rulers, cutting boards, pins, scissors, patterns, etc.

I LOVE MY DESIGN ROOM! I basically LIVE in there when I am not at work or sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment