Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pellon Dress

Here is the draping dress, it is made out of pellon, which is a really thick papery interfacing thing... and the assignment was to make a garment purely out of perfect true shapes. I chose CIRCLES. So this dress is made completely out of circles. It didn't turn out as good as I had hoped but... oh well. It has been a CRAZY week.
It has a big full circle skirt as the bottom but.. I didn't get a picture of it...
AND it is wearable, (minus the made out of paper part) it even has a zipper

Our Valentino HUGE AAS exhibition garment/sketch was chosen today by the critic. AH it is going to be a intense semester. She did choose my favorite one though so that is excellent but only HALF of the 25 students make it into the show............................... ya, freaking out a bit. We'll see how it goes. The garment will be completed Mid April so I'll keep you posted on how it's going... HOPEFULLY 20 yards of silk and chiffon and too many sleepless nights later I'll be selected for the show. keep your fingers crossed. If not it's all good too! Because winning is awesome BUT when it all comes down to it learning is even better!

1 comment: