Tuesday, April 20, 2010

100

POST #100. I'll try and make it a good one.... It was a long, hard, exhausting, rather bad week so I'll just try and highlight the good stuff.

All that is getting me through is knowing that in 7 weeks I will be in Paris then Milan spending EVERY day going around the city looking at WEDDING GOWNS. We picked our focus for our trip and my teacher is letting me choose wedding gowns. SO EXCITED. My favorite article of clothing in the 2 fashion capitols of the world. NOTHING could be better.. oh wait and add on the fact that I get to eat French pastries and bread and creme brulee and Italian gelato and amazing food for 2 weeks straight!!!! AND my food tour guide aka my professor knows all the BEST restaurants so I will eat at the best places. PERFECTION. Not to mention that Paris and Milan are my two destination dream spots and it is going to be here before I know it!

One day I'll stop loving food so much and get skinny again I just can't find a time....
-Now? Way too stressed, food is my comfort it is the only way I get through my weeks
-Paris and Milan? hahahaha
-Summer? Can't pass up Lake Powell treats, home cooking/baking that I miss so much, my much missed Sonic, Magleby's, champs, Noodles and Co, Kneaders strawberry pie, wedding food, ice cream......
-Fall? Back to the city... so many temptations, cupcakes and more on every corner, maybe without the stress of the 1 year program it won't be SO tempting.... and maybe a kitchen that I can actually cook in will help
-Winter? Holiday food is my FAVORITE! WILL NEVER pass up Thanksgiving Pie, Christmas treats, Birthday Sundaes.... HOT CHOCOLATE.
haha Well shoot.....looks like my skinny days are over...

Oh for those of you who don't know...... I will be a bridesmaid this summer, my brother SETH is getting married. He popped the question last weekend. Him and Jenn....

Best news in the world, I just wrote my FINAL calendar that will last me until I pick up to leave this dorm! LOVELY!
My FIT dance concert is coming up, and I am so excited! The dances are each so amazing and pretty much I am so proud to be on the team because we rock! I choreographed a lyrical piece to one of my favorite songs of all time, Against All Odds by Gavin DeGraw. So that pretty much completes my life! I am also so excited because my Granny and my Mommy get to come to the city to see it!!!! YAHOO! 

On to Season 3 of Heroes with Katie AND I just started Prison Break, it is sooooo good! For those of you who don't think I should have time for this sort of thing.... you are right. haha Actually right now I am hand sewing my whole gown so instead of suffering in silence I suffer while listening/half watching shows. Instant Netflix is my new favorite thing, although their movies aren't so great so I discovered Prison Break, I remembered my mom liked it so I gave it a try and.... I may be addicted and that may not be good because my gown will be done today.......As for Heroes... it is my escape from life, and I need it.

So here it is... my dress. It is done, well mostly, and today is the happiest day of my life because it will no longer haunt my dreams. I still dislike it very much. I am just disappointed because I hate it for all the things that my teacher wanted me to change about it. She wanted me to do circles for the skirt instead of ruffles and she wanted me to pearl edge (horrid and tacky and lazy looking and just ew on chiffon) my circles instead of baby hem them. I LOVE the top (which by the way originally wasn't strapless, another change by my teacher) but I just want to whack off the bottom and do it my way because then I think I would actually LOVE the WHOLE dress... oh and I would choose a different color FOR SURE. ugh. Oh well, it is done now, FINALLY!  I just wonder what it would have looked like if I didn't have to take my teacher and my critics advice...............

Well that is all, I am so tired i can barely keep my eyes open, I started this post last Thursday and am just barely finishing it.... BUSY week, so tired, nap time before dance and more homework.Oh the life of a student here at FIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment