Thursday, April 29, 2010

Life currently, including school

This is turning into a food blog... which by the way I LOVE FOOD BLOGS. I have saved so many yummy looking recipes, I'd post them, but I haven't made them yet (due to lack of kitchen) so when I do, and if they are good I will post them here. For now all I have is pictures of my food!

P.S a few of my favorite food blogs/websites
Just Cook Already
The Recipe Club
Healthy and Sane
337 Greenwich
The Cook Next Door

and a GREAT wedding website I was referred to is Green Wedding Shoes. Seriously ADORABLE stuff (Thanks Debbie!)


Today... not much of what I ate was picture worthy and I was on the run a lot... but here is my dinner.

No fat (but amazing!) Butternut Squash Ravioli (thank you Whole Foods), with Parmesan cheese. And steam in the bag Veggies! Easy and delicious. Of course I had my treat, same as last night only I found this mini graham cracker pie tin and filled it with Rice Pudding and topped it with Mango's and Blackberries.... I should never go off sweets for this long, because I couldn't help it.... I had a brownie too........ a very good one though, brown sugar brownie (supposedly all natural) and I had some licorice.

Back to school... 3 weeks left, and oh SO much to do, especially considering the fact that I won't be able to get ANY homework done next week, and I am sure I'll get behind on my sleep. I have class every day til 5 or 6, and dance every night, including my shows which are Thurs-Sat. PLUS during every break I have I will be with my Mommy and Granny!!! It is going to be a good week, I just hope I let myself enjoy it and not just be stressed out the whole time.

Here's what's left (keep in mind I have basically this weekend, one week, and the next week the stuff is due..

1)Pattern Making: Pant Suit. I have the sketch done. I have to make/design/create the flat pattern, use that to make a full jacket and pant in fabric and then make a clean final perfect pattern.
2)Faces and Places in Fashion: Test, final day
3)Digital Flats and Specs: Illustrate on the computer 10 flats, do CAD pages for all of them, with colorways, 3 full tech packs of 3 designs with measurements etc. All on Illustrator (my favorite computer program...said with MAJOR sarcasm) Basically it's a lot. All I have done so far is sketch my 10 flats by hand.
4) Draping: Finish my fluted dress (remember green/pink/brown top from the beg. of the semester), and a whole new dress, the Twist Dress, that we just learned today. Both fully sewn on fabric.
5) Product Data Management: PDM style pack for a skirt I designed (colorways, details, measurements, inspiration) completed binder full of all projects and complete swatch cards, and a power point with 10 fully rendered flats and 2 figures along with an oral presentation.
6)Textiles: Final test on 4 more chapters
7)Portfolio/Fashion Art and Design: 30 fully-rendered figures in a portfolio with 5 mood boards, 4 color swatch pages, and back flats. P.S. the lay-out has to be really nice professional quality.
8) Model Drawing: ....No idea if we have a final of some sort... She hasn't told us if we do, or I don't remember at least. 

Good Luck... you can see why my stress level is to the point where I am basically either crying or laughing because I am past the point of crying. But it is OKAY, I will get things done, and if I don't, it's okay because LIFE is BIGGER than FIT!

I have a very long weekend ahead of me, and the only reason I am blogging is because I have been going non-stop since 9 with classes and homework and I finished everything on my list for today and I am beat! BUT I am not quite ready for bed being that it is only 11.. I am used to a much later bedtime.

Until next time.. Happy eating, happy sleeping (I hope), and happy day knowing that you are lucky you picked a different major haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment