Monday, April 5, 2010

SPRING BREAK post 9

Final Spring Break Post... Last day of freedom!

No I did not do any homework or sewing all day Saturday or Sunday. I simply relaxed and enjoyed my last 2 days. I watched conference and then watched Hereos. I'd say it was a perfect 2 ending days of break.

First off General Conference was great, it always is. Here is my sweet set up since I had the place to myself..

There were definate general messages which I love because it just re-instates its importance because the inspiration of each talk was given by God. He impressed upon the speakers what we needed to hear.

TEACH the children, Resurrection, Atonement, Role of Fathers and Mothers, Hope, Judge righteously, and more teach the children. All that talk made me want to have kids so I can have FHE and eat meals together as a family and help them grow in the gospel. It likely (in my ideal plan) won't happen til I am 28 or so, but I will definitely refer back to this conference when the time does come.

Here was my general conference snack, technically my cleanse is over but I think I am going to try and continue some of my practice, eating lots and lots of fruits and vegetables and drinking 6 16 oz. bottles of water a day. I will eat real meals as well (and some sweets) but now that I know I can live off of just fruit I can make that a meal and feel good about myself.

The weather here is AMAZING right now, 70s-77.. Ya perfect. Between sessions on Sunday I was dying to get out in the sun so I went to the nearby park (Madison Square Park) sat on a little bench with my oranges and cucumbers and read my scriptures, it was absolutely lovely! A perfect little break in the outdoors to satisfy my Spirit!

Along with my cleanse for my body I did a deep clean on my room, well as deep as this dorm can get, so I am starting the week stress-free, happy, clutter-free, and clean! I feel great! I will try my best to keep this attitude up through the long late nights as I strive to finish my dress this week! General Conference and the Secret are my best friends!

EASTER, HAPPY EASTER! My favorite holiday, yes, I LOVE the Easter egg hunts, Easter candy (it is my favorite) and most importantly EASTER DINNER! I am so depressed I miss it all this year (Lamb, asparagus, spinach salad, my favorite jell-o, and best of all TRIFLE (this year made with Magnolia's Banana Pudding)) Sound delicious? It is, my mom is amazing! So since I couldn't have that dinner I decided to make dinner, the first real recipe dinner of this dorm life (which won't happen again, there is no space, I don't have big enough pans and bowls, I used every single Tupperware and utensil, dish etc. that I own, and it made a mess!) but it was worth it for Easter. I enjoyed my dinner with Katie (Emily was home in Jersey). I also discovered you can make Sweet Potatoes (which are one of my most favorite foods) in the MICROWAVE, yep, that will be on my menu for about every other day now. LOVE IT. Here is our dinner, it didn't picture well, but it tasted great! For desert we broiled bananas and had some guilt-free brownies! It was wonderful.

Well break is over, back to school, class starts in an hour...... not really looking forward to it, but I am happy! I have a smile on my face and I feel good!

P.S. Since I am big on recipes and I LOVE recipe blogs I will post the recipes I used for the above meal.

Fusilli Michelangelo with Roasted Chicken 


Ingredients
  • 7 sun-dried tomatoes
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1/2 pound whole-wheat fusilli
  • 4 cups sliced mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil
  • 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1 rotisserie chicken
  • 4 cups arugula
  • 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
Preparation
Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl. Bring 3 tablespoons water, balsamic vinegar, and sugar to a boil. Pour over tomatoes, let stand 10 minutes; drain and slice. Cook fusilli; reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Cook mushrooms in olive oil in a nonstick skillet 1 minute without stirring. Sauté 5 minutes more or until brown. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add basil and sun-dried tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Add tomato sauce; bring to a simmer. Add pasta, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, reserved water, meat from rotisserie chicken, and 3 cups arugula; toss. Transfer to serving bowl; add 1 cup arugula, toasted pine nuts, and 1/3 cup grated Parmesan.

Broiled Bananas with Walnuts

Ingredients

  • 1  banana
  • 1  tsp. honey
  • 1  tbsp. walnuts, chopped

Directions

Make it: Cut 1 banana in half lengthwise (leave in peel). Place on piece of foil, skin side down, and broil 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned on top. Drizzle with 1 tsp. honey and sprinkle with 1 tbsp. chopped walnuts. Serve in banana peel.

No comments:

Post a Comment