Saturday, April 3, 2010

SPRING BREAK post 6

Well... I have been sewing and cutting and pinning and measuring and calculating and all that good stuff but I feel like nothing ever gets done. It is taking a LONG TIME. Chiffon is a sin.. although I did learn a trick to make cutting out chiffon a bit easier. Put pattern paper on both sides of fabric and cut with the paper! MIRACLE WORKER! It also saved my fabric! I pricked myself with a needle while pinning which happens all the time so I though nothing of it, then I felt something sticky..... Thank you paper, thank you chiffon for needing the paper. haha sorry if this is gross, I thought it was kind of funny though, it may have just been because it was late, I was tired, and I was SO happy it didn't get on my fabric.

My skirt is rather complicated in its cutting out process. There are 11 sections of my skirt each with a chiffon circle (or circles sewn together) attached which will eventually then all be sewn together. I am sorry this makes no sense, maybe when it is more picture worthy I'll get a picture to help it make sense visually. This is a picture of all my 5 layers of chiffon right before it was cut into squares which would then be cut into circles. I think it took about 10 different ideas and calculations and 20 pages of notes and math to get it to work, hopefully it does.....

I forgot how much sewing hurts your body and how tiring it is. My shoulders and back and fingers are killing me. OUCH. I need a massage! Maybe I'll find a place to get one when this is all done. I keep looking ahead at all my projects and for the next 8 weeks I will be living in one big intense stress ball of projects so I decided I am going to take my last 2 days of break and just relax, watch conference and read because starting Monday I am going to  be dying my slow death due to lack of sleep and over the top stress..... AH! I do not want Monday to come..... I am literally scared for it. SO MUCH to do. But I guess that is the price you pay for trying to graduate in 1 year with the same credits as graduating in 2... which is the GREATEST THING IN THE WORLD. I get to take a semester or so off of school to intern (which I still need to find... more stress). Then BYU here I come again! Go business!

As of now I am looking forward to CONFERENCE which is starting in 1 hour! YAY. AND to Easter Dinner tomorrow, I am actually going to put my kitchen to good use and cook. Sunday also means my roommates will be back which means I'll have to clean up my perfect little sewing space... sad day.

I am still going strong on my cleanse, one more day. (one of my favorite treats is Almond Butter with Bananas on Toast, and I use Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain Cinn. Raisin Bread. DELICIOUS!)

Easter Dinner doesn't quite follow it but it is healthy. And I am going to drink my lemonade today that I bought over a week ago that has an expiration date of...tomorrow. It'll be my conference treat.  But I did read that Lemons are among the 10 healthiest foods! -If you couldn't tell I am on a BIG healthy food kick, I love healthy foods! (I love the sweets too naturally) I love finding great recipes, I have a HUGE folder that I have been collecting recipes in and I can't wait til I have a place to try them. I am so excited to cook and make delicious meals. I kind of want to be pro at it, so maybe I'll go to cooking school! I want to host dinner parties every weekend (Saturdays or Sundays) for all my friends (probably won't start happening til I am married) but that is one of my dreams, to cook and host all my friends and family. I also want to be better at photography so I am thinking I want to take some classes for that too. I just want to do so many things!!! I hope I can within my lifetime do all these things on my growing to-do list!

ENJOY LIFE. Take advantage of all it has to offer! There is so so so much. I am so excited for my future and all it holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment