Wednesday, March 31, 2010

SPRING BREAK post 5

I am reading this book, my mom sent it to me, it is called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It is really good! I enjoy reading a few chapters in the morning to get me going. I wish I could read all day because I do LOVE reading but... sewing comes first.

I finally started my gown... I didn't do the part I am stressing about, I did the easy part, the bodice. There is going to be a TON of detail work added to it but... this is the shell of it. It isn't pressed at all or clipped or anything so just know it WILL be prettier and lay better when it is done.

Here is the beginning of the cutting out process, with my patterns

This is the shell from the inside showing boning which is sewn in to provide support because it is strapless


And here is the shell from the right side (again it isn't pressed at all so it will look better)


Valentino may be the death of me... (VALENTINO is what we call this project, because it is a design based on his work) Thankfully my mom sent me my BEAUTIFUL sewing machine. I forgot how slow home machines go.... but it is much nicer for detail work and ruffles! I set up my little work space in my kitchen and it is so nice! YAY for having the whole dorm to myself!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!

My fabric mishap yesterday ruined my whole idea I had in my head... Here are the new fabrics... which I don't love at all.... it is so PINK. Which is not my first choice in color, our class color theme is pink/corals/purples etc. and pink was the only fabric that somewhat worked together..... Hopefully it grows on me... I get a little nauseated when I walk past my fabric.. probably not a good sign haha. It'll be okay though... I just need to get it done at this point.

Here are my lovely meals for the day! Again, I had to break my cleanse a bit to add some milk (it expires tomorrow and I can't let it all go bad.. it is skim, so it is practically water... ya?)

All in all today was better than yesterday which is good! I am very grateful for that.

10 things I am grateful for...
-my family
-my mommy and her patience and love while I call her about 10 times a day
-healthy food
-missionaries
-my dear friends
-my love for sewing
-books
-spring break
-my loving Heavenly Father
-washing machines and dryers

2 comments:

  1. Bree! Your spring break looks amazing! I am craving some really good food now. Even your vegetables and fruit looks good. I'm excited to see your projects!! Lance and I went to cold stone the other night and I got banana ice cream reeses and carmel. Yum! It reminded me of you and Mckenzie. lance enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this and liked it. But I was so confused!! If you understand, please explain it to me and maybe I'll try it again :)

    ReplyDelete