Tuesday, March 30, 2010

SPRING BREAK post 3

Jersey Trip Day #3

We woke up to hungry stomachs so we went to a famous little breakfast spot along the South Jersey Shore to satisfy our tummies.

We ordered 4 different breakfast meals for the 3 of us tiny girls. And guess what.... We finished every SINGLE bite! Go US, we are awesome. It was so SO yummy! I am so sad we didn't get a before and after shot... I hate when I miss opportunities. Oh well, it was delicious and that is all that matters. We had...

1)Croissant French Toast with Coconut and Bananas
2)White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes, with creme and strawberries
3)Fluffy Perfect Pancakes with Maple Syrup
4)Eggs Benedict with Home Fries

We took a look at the Atlantic

Then went back to the beach house for some more bumming around on the couch... Oh how I miss couches! and places to watch movies and hang out with friends... GET ME OUT OF THIS DORM! after re-finding my love for the movie "Just Married" we decided it was time to head out. We took another walk on the shore but it was FREEZING and SO WINDY that it didn't last as long as we would have liked it too. Katie and I promise to come back in August when it is hot!

We made a pit stop @ WAWA on our way to Pitman for some ice cream and hot chocolate.

Dinner was @ Emily's house. Her parents cooked for us and they sure know how to make a meal. Her dad made his famous Crab Cakes, DELICIOUS!!!! and for those of you who don't know me... the ONLY seafood I eat is crab legs so this next statement is a shocker...they made salmon and I ate it......AND LOVED IT! YAHOO! I always try and try to like it because I know it is so good for me but, I never did, until now. See, I just simply need the East Coast! I love it!

Another pit stop at WAWA for treats for the way home... amazing cookies which are practically cookie dough, they are so so soft and amazing, brownies, pie, donuts, the most amazing cinn. bun thing, oh wow so heavenly, all of it. I LOVE SWEETS! We ate so much we were literally sick, but it was so worth it.

Our last stop on our way back to the train was at Rita's for its famous Water Ice. EVERYWHERE NEEDS A RITA'S! wow, so freaking delicious. Mango and Peach flavored Ice stuff with custard....no words can describe how tasty this treat is! I can't wait to have it again in August to cool me down when it is blazing hot!

Well... that ended our amazing adventure together, our food tour of happiness. It was the perfect trip! Thanks Emily and Katie! Now back to the city to work, work, work.

No comments:

Post a Comment