Tuesday, March 30, 2010

SPRING BREAK post 2

Jersey Trip Day #2

Woke up to a lovely breakfast at Dan's Bagels! Mmm.. we knew we had a big lunch coming up so we split our meal. We shared a French Toast Bagel with Caramel Apple creme cheese and an egg, sausage, and cheese sandwich on a cheddar bagel. So good! I wanted more but knew lunch would be amazing too!

We drove to Philly for lunch

Lunch #1. Legit Philly Cheese steaks from what Emily says is the best place in town. And yes I'd agree, they were delicious!!!! So so yummy. The bread was so soft and ah it was perfect.

We then drove down the street for Lunch #2. Crab Fries. Since french fries are my favorite food Emily picked out the best Fry place for me. These fries are special, they come with crab spices on them and we dip them in cheese. SO AMAZING. BUT what made this place even better was.... I ordered my favorite food, CRAB LEGS!!! I haven't had any on the East Coast yet and let me tell you... Red Lobster doesn't quite do it for me anymore... I will live on the East Coast just for fresh amazingly tender and delicious crab legs. I'd eat them everyday if I could! LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Then we walked a bit to Lunch #3. DESSERT! Italian dessert. Perfect dessert. We had Cannolis, which were the best I've ever tried, chocolate covered strawberries, Torrone, Tiramisu, and this amazing Cookie covered in raspberry jelly with a banana on it dipped in chocolate. HEAVENLY. It was all so very tasty!

By now we are happy and full. We then drove the hour to Atlantic City which is basically a clean and pretty Vegas, for some J.Crew outlet shopping. Good Clothes, Great Deals=Happy Day.

Emily's parents met us for dinner in Atlantic City, we went to this great Pub where we got to indulge in Atlantic City Bread. Yes, it is so good it gets its own name. It was so doughy and just so delicious. I enjoyed, one of my favorites, Spinach Ravioli. I even had some of Emily's muscles which I actually enjoyed! They were very good!

We tried to walk around the shops in Caesars Palace but it was too late, they were closed. We did manage some tourist pictures though!

After our long day we drove to Emily's beach house. We stopped first for some treats, because our goal was to eat anything and everything that we wanted! Emily introduced us to TASTYKAKE'S, apparently they are only in Jersey! They are light and fluffy, they practically melt in your mouth. SO GOOD. Since I can't do strictly sweets, I need my salty we got some popcorn to balance it all out. We fell asleep eating and watching....Clark Rockefeller. He is all over the subways here in NYC, we thought it was appropriate. GO LIFETIME movies.

Basically it was so so so nice to just ride in a car and let your mind wander, to not think about anything in particular and just enjoy life. Enjoy the space, the people, the thoughts, the music, the quiet, the experience, the beauty, the gratitude, the love that this world, and the people we surround ourselves with, has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment