Sunday, March 7, 2010

REALLY good weekend!

So this week was very intense and stressful, playing catch up and working hard everyday to get my stuff done so this weekend I planned the perfect events needed to help me relax and stay happy.

Friday @ 5 I met up with Katie and we went to our lovely paradise J.CREW. Everything about the store makes me happy, it inspires, it is beautiful, it is PERFECT. Absolutely perfect. I picked up a few belated birthday presents and am beaming with joy!

We then made our way to our 3rd Paradise (1st being J.CREW, 2nd being Serendipity) Magnolia Bakery for BANANA PUDDING. Honestly one of the greatest reasons to live in NYC or to visit NYC is to try this pudding. NO LIE.

Since I had never had a Gray's Papaya hot dog here in the city which again is on the to-do list of most tourists, we decided to go there for dinner, dinner under $5.00. Yes, please.

Our goal was to find a 'Granny B' cookie, on our quest we were unsuccessful (good thing we picked up our  pudding) and we found a few other treasures like 'bueno bars' hazelnut deliciousness from Europe, and Cadbury Creme Eggs!

As we ate our lovely treats we looked at the amazing blog greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com

On Saturday I went to my belated birthday brunch with my friend Carrie from school. We went down to Prince St. and ate at Cafe Habana. It was a BEAUTIFUL day outside, finally!We did a little shopping and roaming around while enjoying the pretty streets of downtown and the great weather.
 
(Yes, I know my 2-0 is backwards.... oops. I was not paying attention)


After we went up to Parsons for a fashion show between FIT and Parsons students. A couple of my friends participated in the show and it was really well done. There were 15 designers from each school, and each did a 5 piece collection. It was done a little like Project Runway.

Since my lovely roomie, Hannah, gave me a gift card to Pinkberry for my birthday, me and Carrie walked down there and enjoyed some frozen yogurt. I got my inspiration from my sis Bain, and put raspberries, mochi, and honey roasted sunflower seeds (she usually puts almonds, but I can never resist sunflower seeds). They had grapefruit for a topping that I will definitely have to try next time. Yum Yum Yum. I continued to search for Granny B's and Cadbury mini eggs, with no luck.... sad story.

BUT it is okay because I went to Katie's for dinner. We made Blueberry bread French Toast, (thanks for the idea, Emily, we miss you by the way when you go home to Jersey) with berries, brown sugar, and syrup. HEAVENLY.

We went on a walk to the store to pick up a needed ingredient and I found flavored soft licorice that my mom used to get, Darrell Lea, but we found it in Mango. WOW best flavor I have ever tried EVER. SO happy!

Then, thanks to Trader Joe, we ate Guilt Free individual size, microwavable brownie delight! Made with yogurt. It was AMAZING and Fat Free, Guilt Free, basically PERFECT.

Of course we did this all while watching the greatest movie known to man.... STAR TREK! Yes, I LOVE this movie, it is my FAVORITE and I can't wait until the next one. Not only are Christ Pine and Zachary Quinto absolutely gorgeous, but it is really just a great movie.

I basically can't wait until Katie and I move out together so we can do this all the time and one of us doesn't have to take the subway home after!

It was a good night, a good weekend.

A few of my favorite things... ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Basically if you think I eat way too unhealthy or way too many sweets you should pick up a copy of 'The Secret'. "You can think your way to the perfect state of health, the perfect body, the perfect weight... You can bring it into being, through your consistent thinking of perfection." Really it is TRUE and this book CHANGED my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment